O

¡Tenemos un campeón! (We have a champion!)

Started by Overkiller, August 11, 2010, 11:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overkiller

JayBee

Gosh, all I need is to be untied from the BBQ. Por favor :wacko:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

proditor

(Reposted as I'm not good at directions and stuff)

Congrats to JayBee!     

Awesome job from everyone involved (And a special thanks to Overkiller for running the show)!  I had a blast churning out planes for this one, and I hope everyone who stalled out will try and complete their builds at some point. (Myself included!)

:cheers: :party: :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Nice one Jim!  :cheers:

I know we all saw the trials and tribulations of your entire build (indeed an entire Air Force of a build!) but what about the bottom half of the Ultra-Shinden? That just popped up in the final piccies.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Indeed it did Kit. That was my final little surprise.
It is the lower half of the Dragon Mistel 5 (He-162A-2w/ARADO E-377a) kit.
I had to modify the support struts a bit to get the Shinden to fit.
The Shinden is also modified in that it uses OGL's cloned resin jet bits. Well just the tail pipe as I lengthened that by about 6-7mm (quarter of an inch!!!!!) and made longer side intakes from two halfs of a drop tank.
As to the colour scheme, it was insipred by a profile by Maverick on this forum.
The transfers came from various sheets. The fuselage roundels and codes are from a Tiger Moth, but this looks a bit like a bi-plane, have you never heard of counter inteligence! :rolleyes:
The Japanese characters in the black roundel were hand painted, straight copies of Mavericks.
The other three builds that I mentioned were to be a Meteor 8, a P-80 Shooting Star, and a Supermarine Spitefull all in Republican service, based in the Balearics, and suitably marked.
They may get done some time in the future, but at the moment have not yet beens started.
The last point I will make is that having not posted my alternative history of the Spanish Civil War, nobody seems to have got the point of the tail markings of the Beaufighter :blink:

Jim

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Weaver

Well done JayBee - a worthy winner. :thumbsup:

Congrats to everyone else who took part and thanks to Overkiller for the idea and the organisation. :thumbsup:

Apologies for my no-show. I have a stack of kits bought with this theme in mind, but for various reasons I just couldn't find the time. They WILL be done at some point.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

Congrats to the finalists, specially to JayBee :cheers: :thumbsup: :drink: :party: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on August 12, 2010, 12:27:21 PM

The last point I will make is that having not posted my alternative history of the Spanish Civil War, nobody seems to have got the point of the tail markings of the Beaufighter :blink:

Jim

I've had another look at it and I assume the Beau's tail markings are the flag of Basque region ? Therefore an independant Basque state ?? Please tell  :unsure:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Just want to add my congrats to Jim for a well deserved win.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PACOPEPE

Hi to all. I just got back fron holiday. Congratulations, Jim. I was making another composite with the Ar 377 of Dragon. I hope to finish it soon.

Thank very much to those who voted for me, and above all to the organizer; Overkiller.

All the best
Fran

Taiidantomcat

Well done! I was blown away but the models completed in this GB  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

JayBee

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 13, 2010, 09:03:15 AM
Quote from: JayBee on August 12, 2010, 12:27:21 PM

Jim

I've had another look at it and I assume the Beau's tail markings are the flag of Basque region ? Therefore an independant Basque state ?? Please tell  :unsure:
Spot on Chris.
The Basque national flag.

Now if I can just get what is in my head in to print you will all understand and be suitably awed!

:rolleyes:

Jim

Cats are not real.