Honduras Air Force SR-1 Recon/spy aircraft.

Started by chrisonord, August 09, 2010, 07:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

In close partnership with the C.I.A, the Honduras Air Force had a new one off build aircraft built for reconnaissance and cross border surveillance missions. The aircraft, like any other spy aircraft was only used during complete darkness, and flew high altitude as well as low altitude missions.
Radar Jamming of the Cartels air defence systems were frequently carried out and during some of these jamming  exercises, the SR-1 would fly its mission deep into Cartel territory.The aircraft is completely unarmed but carries several different sensor arrays, one of which is a ground mapping radar which is used to detect movements through jungle, and to plot new settlements/outposts etc.The C.I.A developed the sensor equipment, and and trained the pilot and electronics operator.
The kit is the old Pioneer TA-152 in 1/72nd scale, with a few modifications here and there including a pair of turbo props.
Cheers,
Chris.

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tophe

Great result :thumbsup:
A modernised Ta-152? What approximative date (in your dreams)?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Cliffy B

I like it!  Now you need a a high speed version kitted out with a mess of Napalm tanks to drop on the drug fields and labs.  Some 20mm HE Incendiaries wouldn't be half bad either  :wacko:  Might need have Honduras order some water bombers first though  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

thedarkmaster

Fantastic mate, top class work and back story  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

chrisonord

Quote from: Tophe on August 09, 2010, 08:27:07 AM
Great result :thumbsup:
A modernised Ta-152? What approximative date (in your dreams)?
Hya Tophe,
This is a modern day aircraft, and is part of my Honduras what if air force. You know what Cliff, you have got me thinking about doing an armed version now :wacko:The plane is certainly worthy of modernising and arming thats for sure.
Just need to find another one and sneak it past the Groupenfuhrer.
Chris.

frank2056

Great job converting the miserable old Pioneer kit into something this good looking and believable.

Taiidantomcat

I love prop planes that look FAST! This certainly fits the bill. Well done  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cliffy B

Fund this one over on Hobbylinc.  It's $6 and its 1/72.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/pmz/pmz0209.htm

It's a Ta-154 By the way.  The 152 was long nosed Fw-190  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

chrisonord

Cheers Cliff.
I am not too brilliant when it comes to WW2 German aircraft  :huh:I will have a look for one this side of the pond as I only paid a couple of quid for this one. I also need to stock up on usable propellers too.
Cheers,
Chris.

Slerski

Weather stinks too in Honduras ? ;D

Nice build, looks very aggressive :thumbsup:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

chrisonord

Quote from: Slerski on August 09, 2010, 01:32:33 PM
Weather stinks too in Honduras ? ;D

Nice build, looks very aggressive :thumbsup:
It's funny you should say that Slerski, as the weather is pretty stinky here too ;D
Cheers,
Chris.

Weaver

Nice one Chris - that airframe almost looks like a contender for the COIN requirement that led to the Bronco.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Cheers H,
When I looked at pics of the TA-154, and saw what I could do with it, it reminded me alot of the OV-1 Mohawk, one of my favourite aircraft so I gave it a bit of the Mohawk's look. I am going to do an armed version next I think, will need to sort some 4 or 5 bladed props out for it.
Chris.

KJ_Lesnick

That looks like it would form the basis for a good WHIF WW2-era night fighter, maybe a turret-fighter...
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

PYF42

Bonjour
Very great job  :thumbsup:
I really like it .
Regards
Fred