let me know what you think of this

Started by thedarkmaster, August 07, 2010, 06:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

In a couple of week I'm attending an open day at the local Aeropark and I've been asked to bring along some models, so I knocked this up today for them to sit on.

What do you think ?

It is aprox 100cm by 70cm and is done for 1/144 scale, i reckon i can get about 8-10 aircraft on it  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Ed S

Quote from: thedarkmaster on August 07, 2010, 06:50:36 AM

In a couple of week I'm attending an open day at the local Aeropark and I've been asked to bring along some models, so I knocked this up today for them to sit on.

What do you think ?

Looks good.  Should make a great display as well as background for photos.

Just read your sig.  Does this mean the pink princess is getting a sibling?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

thedarkmaster

QuoteJust read your sig.  Does this mean the pink princess is getting a sibling?

yes mate a little Darkaprentice is on the way  :party: :party: :cheers: :drink: :thumbsup: :blink: :blink: :blink:

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

beowulf

nicely done....can i ask how you made it?......was it by printing out a selection of those downloadable pics and joining them together?

and congratz, Tim......and to the other half of course   ;D :thumbsup:  :cheers:  :cheers
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

thedarkmaster

the whole thing is a " for sale" sign i found in the hedge !!

I lifted off the  printed bits and filled the holes in the base, actual sheets are downloadable ones, I have about 12 on there.

Red and yellow lines are painted on via masking tape, the taxiway signs and stop lines etc were all downloaded from a site on airport markings and the grass and buildings are for an N gauge railway.

Totting it up it cost less than £10 for everything, so I'm pleased  ;D  ;D ;D

Weaver

Result (in every sense) and congratulations (for everything)  ;D !

Watch out for the attack of the 50ft Pink Princess though..... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Excellent Tim, there's quite a few of the '1/144 scale Airports' around these days.

The Airliner SIG, the Cardiff Plastic Aeroplane Club and one of the umpteen Brampton based SIGs use them on their displays quite frequently. You're the first solo modeller I know who'd made one though.  :thumbsup: :cheers:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Oh cool......congrats to SWMBO'd and you....get your sleep in now.....you will need it....!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Cobra

Awesome Job! this is a Great Display,Makes me a Bit Jealous! :cheers:Dan

dumaniac

NARSES2

Quote from: beowulf on August 07, 2010, 09:28:29 AM
nicely done....can i ask how you made it?......

Well if you don't know by now.....oh you mean the base ??  ;D ;D

Great base and many congratulations on the news  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.