Ace Combat Profiles

Started by Taiidantomcat, August 06, 2010, 01:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

dy031101

I, too, have been thinking...... what if members of this forum come up with some cool war machine colour schemes from imaginations?

Like for the "military of WhatIfModelers Forum".  ;D

(Sigh...... if only I could efficiently create quality blanks from internet line drawings......  :banghead:)

Or even stories of virtual combat between the military of WhatIfModelers Forum and...... someone else (since we cover land and sea as well, arcade style can include- including of course Ace Combat series- Battlefield series, Naval Ops series, and etc.).
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

ChernayaAkula

The F-16 looks pretty neat! :thumbsup:

If you want to see a model of Anthony Palmer's "Sorcerer 1" F-15 ACTIVE, have a look at THIS THREAD on ARC. :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Zaskar24

The orogonal link is not working for me anymore.  I was able to view it during the day on Sauturday but no I am no longer able to.  From what I saw they were great pictures though.

I also agree with CA about the "Sorcerer 1".  Top notch stuff.

dy031101

Look here!

Forward-swept wings (I got a feeling that this is the kind of stuff Japanese like), twin tailfin, dorsal intake, and ventral gunpod.

====================

To-do list here

pyro-manic

Looks very much like the YF-19 from Macross. Not surprising, since it's designed by the same person, Shoji Kawamori. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

dy031101

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 21, 2011, 08:10:26 PM
Looks very much like the YF-19 from Macross. Not surprising, since it's designed by the same person, Shoji Kawamori. :)

Wouldn't adopting dorsal intake kinda work against the aircraft in high-AoA maneuvers?

====================

To-do list here

pyro-manic

Looks like it has cheek intakes as well, so perhaps the dorsal one is an auxiliary, or for a cruise engine or something? I don't have a clue about the Ace Combat universe, I'm afraid. Having said that, looking at some of the other crazy aircraft in the series I'm not sure they're particularly bothered with the finer points (or indeed the basics!) of aerodynamics and design. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

That F-X is definitely a good-looking plane.  :wub: Looks like some applied the F-22/F-35 design principles to a Su-47 Berkut.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 22, 2011, 03:08:02 AM
<...> so perhaps the dorsal one is an auxiliary, or for a cruise engine or something? <...>

That woulkd be my guess as well!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

dy031101

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 22, 2011, 03:08:02 AM
Looks like it has cheek intakes as well, so perhaps the dorsal one is an auxiliary, or for a cruise engine or something?

Maybe.  I noticed a reference to the F-35 on one of the pictures (the accompanying text is blurry).  At first I thought it meant a gunpod installation, but now I think it does mean the engine intakes.

====================

To-do list here

dy031101

Quote from: dy031101 on August 21, 2011, 07:13:43 PM
Forward-swept wings (I got a feeling that this is the kind of stuff Japanese like), twin tailfin, dorsal intake, and ventral gunpod.

Look here!

Apparently my ventral gunpod speculation on the "Secret Plane" (a.k.a. ASF-X Shinden II) is WRONG......  :banghead:

Also it looks like aircraft that did not initially make an appearance in the game might be added as part of a DLC......

Hum...... I wonder......

====================

To-do list here

Zombolt

the ASF-X Shinden II has stacked thrust vectoring engines...Sirprised someone here has not thought of something like that I think.

silverwindblade

QuoteAlso it looks like aircraft that did not initially make an appearance in the game might be added as part of a DLC

The Shinden (as I believe it is called) is now available as DLC for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon. I haven't got it for my copy of the game yet, but will do shortly.

Other confirmed DLC planes are the Tornado, Harrier, YF-23 and the KA-50 (or whatever the 'werewolf' is numbered).
I'm hoping they'll release some more planes in the future, as that's a pretty measly collection. Apparently there will also be a large number of 'skins' for planes as well.

DLC planes can be used in all missions once you've downloaded them, as well as in online modes and 'free mission' mode.
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!