G

The Muskox

Started by Ginge!, April 24, 2004, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginge!

This one is based on an article written here:

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/id-fisher1-1.htm

Since Canada is getting rid of the Leopards and M109's, this What-if combines those two into a complex terrian assault engineer vehicle. It's armed with a 155mm demolition gun, and various AGL/HMG stations for close in defence. I still haven't drawn on the dozer blade yet, or attached the Giant Viper or MLRS trailer, heh heh. Also, I have to decide whether to use anti-RPG bar/slat armour, screens, or ERA bricks.

Drawing was cut & pasted from model instructions, then I "painted" the line drawings in Photoshop. The kit bash will use:
Leo 1 A5
MLM Leo C2 Conversion
M-109 Barrel
M-728 Dozer blade
AVRE trailer
Scratch armour

PS, we didn't know what the French translation for Musk Ox was, so we figured Celine Dion was pretty close (thanks Tom!)

Captain Canada

Wow....great article..and it makes too much sense, so you know we'll never do it !

Strykers are useless.....might as well strap an old recoilless to an ILTIS !

Looking forward to seeing that baby all done.....I've shelved my MEXAS Leopard for now, I ought to dig her out one of these days !

Wasn't there a link here onetime for some of your work ?

Cheers !

Toad
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I know I'm sad but I've got a soft spot for Celine Dione  :wub:  :dum:  :cheers:  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ollie

Nice one Ginge, we call your animal a Muskeg!!

:lol:  :lol:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Mmmmmm.........keg !

Always makes me think of a nice steak and a pint ( or two ) of Bass......

Mmmmmm...........

:wub:

And now that I'm looking at it, that variant you got there Ginge! looks kinda like that  Leclerc tank !

Cheers !

Toadman...thinking alot about going to CFB Borden next weekend, to play ( with his kids, of course ! ) on all the tanks !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Joe C-P

QuoteI know I'm sad but I've got a soft spot for Celine Dione  :wub:  :dum:  :cheers:  :wub:
Yah, me too. Every time I hear her caterwauling or see her gormless face I go soft where any proper woman would make hard. No wonder she had to marry a blind and deaf old git.  :P

Love the tank, though!  :tank:  
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.