UPdated to This green looks OK now

Started by Dork the kit slayer, July 26, 2010, 09:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

I wanted to get away from the usual red spinner, but looking at this green it just seems wrong.
Your opinions gentle folk? :cheers:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Cliffy B

Blue always works.  If you want something off the wall you could use a base coat of fluorescent pink with  fluorescent orange and yellow stripes/polka dots  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

kitnut617

And your point is ---------  ;D

http://hsfeatures.com/images/f7fdp_001.jpg

I've read though that this might not be the exact colours as there's only B&W photos of the original real thing (so I read), there's colour photos of a restoration job which got painted like this
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

Maybe try a deeper shade of green, some version of British Racing Green maybe?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

I have seen a couple of real world green painted spinners. Personally I think it looks ok
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Cliffy B

Aircraft assigned to the USS Yorktown (CV-10) had their spinners painted a similar shade of green for a time during the war.  No idea what shade though.  Was "Willow Green" still being used?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

NARSES2

Thats the one I remembered Cliffy...thanks  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

I like it but I would add the same color somewhere else on the aircraft too, like the tailfin tip, or a part of the leading edge  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

nev

And one of the pre-war USMC Dauntless squadrons had similar green prop hub & wing chevrons
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

I think it looks good.
I've used bright glossy green a few times....especially after seeing it on a friend's Fw-190D.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Dork the kit slayer

A collective thanks to all for your input. As its the same "Kelly" green as my Irish sabre(for those with very long memories) Ill be going down that well trodden path.........besides I really cant be A**ed getting out the Fairy Powerspray :cheers:

Mossie

Maybe just weather it a bit to take the overall brightness off, fade it, matt it up, put a few scratches in etc?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dork the kit slayer

Heres this weeks update..........................er well it would have been but Ive had a setback with the markings.

A well known visiter to our whiffy shores didnt come up with the goodies.

However said miscreant bought my lunch and a few pints as a bribe not to mention his name .

So a deals a deal  ................................thanks for lunch Ian..................ooops. :drink:

Spey_Phantom

looks ok, i to got kinda sick from the red spinners to, so i painted a few Yellow, really does the trick  ;D
nice looking corsair, would look nice in a yellow spinner and Independant state of Croatia air force markings  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Dork the kit slayer

From one disaster to another :banghead:

I decided to go with the "Kelly green" and my old modelling mate posted me a whole bunch of "Irish" markings to complete the project.
Bloody UK postal service has lost the letter!!!. Hell its only 6 mile away. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
So here's the latest( well as far as Ive got)

Ive just got a complete mental block as to alternative markings.  Perhaps a silly afternoon in the pub will help.