Mix F-104 and SR-71 (1/48) two engines, a delta wing.

Started by G.Marcat, July 24, 2010, 09:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

All begin from this drawing found in internet:

This drawing probably was a study for a F-104's develeopment made in TAIWAN.  :wub:

This is the actual stage of the conversion:

JayBee

WOW!  :wub:
This looks fantastic.
Wanna see what you do with the engines. :bow:

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

G.Marcat

Quote from: JayBee on July 24, 2010, 09:39:22 AM
Wanna see what you do with the engines. :bow:
JimB

The problem is of to find a suitable fairing for the two engines. I'm looking around to find something of good
I will look in the 1/32 spare parts to find a underwing tank of the right size.

Weaver

What shape are the intakes supposed to be? The thing that immediately occured to me was 1/144th Concorde intakes with the central splitter plate removed....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

G.Marcat

Quote from: Weaver on July 24, 2010, 10:35:41 AM
What shape are the intakes supposed to be? The thing that immediately occured to me was 1/144th Concorde intakes with the central splitter plate removed....

At this moment I have not decided anything.
One option was to use the same air intakes of the Starfighter for to have a line of continuity.
However, first I have to see how to do the engine fairings. Then I see the rest.

Cobra

Looking Good :thumbsup: this Aircraft has a Bit of a 'Thunderbirds' feel to it! Can't Wait to see what else you do with it! :cheers:Dan

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Shasper

Food for thought, but why not use a couple of 1/72 B-1 engine pods, remove the radar diverter splitters & rework the back end around a 48th scale burner can?
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

G.Marcat

Quote from: Shasper on July 24, 2010, 06:44:42 PM
Food for thought, but why not use a couple of 1/72 B-1 engine pods, remove the radar diverter splitters & rework the back end around a 48th scale burner can?

Unfortunately I have not here at home a box of a B-1 in 1/72.
The idea is to make the model with what I have here.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Shasper

Ah gotcha, must have missed that memo ;) . . . If I think of anything I'll drop you a note
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

chrisonord

I am really liking this, I just so have to steal the idea  :wacko: Anyone got a spare 1/72nd scale Starfighter?? please??
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.