Aeronautica Militare Italiano Hawk

Started by bacofoil, July 20, 2010, 08:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bacofoil

How  about in 1975 the Italian Air Force decides that the Aermacchi MB339A does not offer a high enough performance to meet the spec for an advanced jet trainer.
After a careful evaluation of all other types for this spec,it selects the BAe Hawk with the wings being built by Aermacchi.
Hawk enters service in 1982 with Scuola Volo Basico Inizale Aviogette and proves to be a hugh success.
So what do you think?
Good idea or not? :thumbsup:

TsrJoe

a beautiful piece of modelling there, what scale/kit is it from?, a believable scheme too and the Italian markings suit the Hawk really well methinks  :thumbsup:

many thanks, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Captain Canada

Great idea ! The Hawk looks right at home in those colours....then again, any time you add orange panels to an a/c, you get my vote ! Especially when they are added to camo....

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

bacofoil

Thanks guys.The kit is the Revell 1/72 Reds Hawk with markings from a Super Model MB339A.
I intend to reverse the story with the MB339A becoming a Red Arrows a/c !
Ahh my mad upside down world  :rolleyes:

ChernayaAkula

That sure looks the part! :thumbsup: Many people won't believe this to be a whif. It looks just natural.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

srkirad

Great job Bacofoil!

I really like this "livery swap" idea ;) Italian cammo really looks natural and probable on Hawk, while what I am most interested in now is how would MB.339 will look like in Red Arrows livery - you have my "go go go" for that idea! ;)
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

Aircav

Really nice clean looking Hawk, cracking job baco.  :thumbsup: :cheers:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ed S

Nice model.  Very plausible and it looks right.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Spey_Phantom

it just looks so right inthat camo and those markings  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

MiB

I'm italian and this is really a very good model!!! Great idea!! Maybe is Frecce Tricolori Hawks the next model? Or F-16 Frecce Tricolori? :D  :wub: :thumbsup: :tornado:
Here's my whatif model: EH-101 of italian SAR of Aeronautica Militare Italiana (whit HH-3F Pelican's old paint scheme):

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

MiB

-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

bacofoil

Well it seems to have gone down ok,thanks.
I think it does "look right" in AMI colours and only wish they didnt now paint everthing grey!
Should also say that no slur on the excellent MB339A intended :wub:a Frecci Tricolori version would look fine but cant get the decals for the job.

GTX

Quote from: bacofoil on July 20, 2010, 08:47:26 AM
Thanks guys.The kit is the Revell 1/72 Reds Hawk with markings from a Super Model MB339A.
I intend to reverse the story with the MB339A becoming a Red Arrows a/c !
Ahh my mad upside down world  :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the Red Arrow MB339A!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

MiB

Decals? I use a very little brush (or a toothpick) whit steady hand  :thumbsup: