Recent Acquisitions

Started by Nick, April 23, 2004, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

First up is the small scale stuff in 1/144th, the Fujimi RN Lynx and the Revell F-35B.

Nick

And a close-up of the Lynx sprue with a pen alongside so you can see just how tiny it is...  :o
A grand total of 13 parts with decals for the windscreen (with black wipers marked on a dark blue window :lol: ).

Nick

And here it is again with the box. I got this at Mondays club meeting for £1!

Nick

Oh, and I picked up this little machine for £12. Quite an old box and the contents are untouched and in pristine condition, decals and instructions included...

WeeJimmy

OHHH!   I want the hovercraft.  The Bay of Fundy needs a hovercraft.

nev

That Hovercraft has definate What-if potential.

And 14 parts you say?  I gotta do some 1/144 stuff, the 'winders on my 32nd Tornado have nearly as many parts as that!!  :lol:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

A long time ago, we were discussing the potrential for the hovercraft as a what if. And, as ever with our fertile (some would say warped) imaginations, we came up with an entire coastal patrol force of differing types. I remember suggesting a inshore/river patrol craft. a nice mix of turrets; rocket launchers and motars, and a platoon of marines for amphib ops.
Idea n0. 2 was to cant the props outboard and turn the top into a flight deck for either a single SHAR or a couple of choppers..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

The 1/144 X-35's make neat little RPV's, just fill in the cockpit, fit 1/72 weapons and the look great
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

elmayerle

QuoteA long time ago, we were discussing the potrential for the hovercraft as a what if. And, as ever with our fertile (some would say warped) imaginations, we came up with an entire coastal patrol force of differing types. I remember suggesting a inshore/river patrol craft. a nice mix of turrets; rocket launchers and motars, and a platoon of marines for amphib ops.
Idea n0. 2 was to cant the props outboard and turn the top into a flight deck for either a single SHAR or a couple of choppers..
Hmm, in a smaller size, check out Seafighter by James H. Cobb.  The thrid of his "Amanda Garrett" novels, it features a combat/patrol derivative of the LCAC.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

QuoteThe 1/144 X-35's make neat little RPV's, just fill in the cockpit, fit 1/72 weapons and the look great
I like that idea.  And Nick is the King of 1/144 round these parts :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Yeah, that Hovercraft is wicked !

My local hobbyshop had one on the wall awhile back....too rich for me at the moment, tho........

And you're right, Wee Jimmy, we need them for hauling troops and equipment around during the Alaskan Invasion, or, if you like, Phase 1 !

Hahahah !

( that's an evil type laugh, btw )

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Leigh

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't let everyone know about the alaskan invasion.

I made the hovercraft when i was a kid and it was the pride of my acomplishments, half of the top was clear so you could see the cars and seats inside just like a travel agents model. Well it was till I spilled paint all over it, some tears were shed that day, till my mum solved the problem. She reminded me that my uncle worked for Airfix and I could get any kit i wanted for free so i just got another. Hee ee.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

nev

QuoteShe reminded me that my uncle worked for Airfix and I could get any kit i wanted for free
:o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Wow, you must have been the happiest kid in the world!  :P  

Leigh

Yeah I was very lucky, alot of the time I'd get stuff I was really ungrateful for WW1, Cessna's etc and I'd just slap em together so i could pour lighter fluid on them and send them burning from a bridge. Also I had to make the Hercules three times 'cos they were trying to fix the warped fuselage problem, two tubes of glue, four rolls of masking tape, 150 rubber bands wait a week and the bugger would still come flying apart.
I was very lucky though and still have a fondness for Airfix that I like to revisit especially the kits I made as a kid that I thought were crap but turned out to be a pleasure to build ie BAC Jaguar, Puma, Henschel 126  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models