Due to unforseen time on my hands due to layoff....I'm in! Me 163 S1 NIGHTFIGHER

Started by Tuck, July 17, 2010, 02:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuck

Oh yea, you read that right......a nightfighter version of the ROCKET interceptor...... :thumbsup: :wacko: :drink: :cheers:
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cliffy B

Can't wait!  Any idea which night camo scheme or will it be a custom job?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Tuck

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

puddingwrestler

Ooo! Slanting Music! (Sorry, can't remember the German words exactly, but that's what it means when translated)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Gondor

Strange Music I think you mean, sort of translation for Jazz, Slanting Music is another variation.

Nice looking build as well  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

arkon

schrage musik,after the german term for jazz music. the name was a play on the word schrage, which means "slanted".
i dont have the two dot thingy for above the a in shrage.

very big  lookin guns fo little plane.love it.  luckily should be only a few days left to see it done. :thumbsup:
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

The Wooksta!

The S didn't have the engine, it was purely a glider.  The second cockpit occupied the space where the engine was.  Even if it did have an engine, it had enough fuel for 15 minutes flying time, maximum.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Tuck

That's what the drop tanks are for...good lord, its a whiff...WORK WITH ME!!!! :lol:  Also note, the ammo feeds are internal from the existing ammo bins for the now not used wing mounted MK 108's.  Yes, the "real" S did not have an engine, but it COULD have.  There was still room for the engine, jut not enough tankage room.  I'm working on that issue.  So far, I feel my WHIFF is indeed feasible, but still impractical.

Tuck

Ed S

A very interesting concept and most importantly, a very well contructed and finished model.  Well done!

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Ed S on July 24, 2010, 08:41:14 AM
A very interesting concept and most importantly, a very well contructed and finished model.  Well done!

:thumbsup:

Ed

Agreed! love the Schrazz Musik. The camo is perfect and I love the one black wing
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.