I'll have a go

Started by NARSES2, July 16, 2010, 08:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right this is what I'll be starting on tomorrow. The Bearcat is the main model and the Mustang is to keeo it company as it progresses through the workshop.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Some basic painting done. This will be all for the weekend, start the main build Monday  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Cliffy B

This should prove interesting.  How's the Revell Bearcat so far?  I've been eying one since they came out.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

NARSES2

It's the old Monogram kit, still has the logo moulded on the bottom wing that needs sanding off. Shows it's age a little with raised panel lines etc but it's a nice little kit as all Monogram stuff was

NARSES2

Progress with the Bearcat. As of this morning she's now and primed, first coat of the camouflage finish latter today. The Mustang is now primed but is only the Bearcats stable mate for company  ;D

The Revell Mustang is a nice kit detail wise but I've noticed with a lot of these Revell WWII kits that the moulds don't seem to last. There is a fair bit of flash considering it's age (especially with the transparencies) and perhaps some slippage as the fit isn't as good as it should be (although that is probably me  :banghead:). I had the same problem with an Me 262. If you get the early releases they are great whereas the latter ones are a little disappointing IMHO. Indeed the bearcat is in better nick given it's age  :blink:

NARSES2

Bearcat has her camouflage coat on. It was a right pain yesterday, so hot that the paint was almost drying on the brush before you could lay it down  :banghead:

NARSES2

Here's how things stand at the moment. The Mustang has had a change of allegiance as I put the wrong top colour on her  :banghead: :banghead: She will get finished next week along with 3 or so other projects that are nearly there  :thumbsup:

Mossie

Bearcat looks good Chris! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Right she is finished which is handy as I wont have much building time now until Monday.

Gruman F8F-1 Bearcat of 1846 NAS HMS Colossus off the coast of Japan August 1946, loaded up ready to go a hunting for kamikaze bases.

For logistical reasons the BPF, with some exceptions, mainly used US supplied aircraft and munitions whilst the SCSF (South China Seas Fleet) mainly had UK built gear. On the few occasions that aircraft carriers of the fleets met, usually on rotation to Australia for R&R, this lead to some interesting "encounters" between Bearcats and Sea Furies with both sets of pilots reckoning they had the better part of the deal  ;D

It's the Revell (Monogram) 1/72 kit, which is very nice for it's age. Built out of the box using Freightdog transfers from the Brits at Sea (1) sheet, with some stencils from the kit. If you used all those supplied she'd look like a billboard. Paints are mainly Xtracrylic with a smattering of Games Workshop, Humbrol and Gunze.

Yet another one to add to my alternative Far East scenario

Meet Audrey ...

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Looks mighty fine in that colour scheme - well done!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

kitbasher

Lovely Bearcat, Chris.  Well done.

;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

nev

Superb Chris - one of your best :thumbsup:

Could you add a pic to the Op. Downfall thread please, just so I can keep track of what we've got (shaping up to be quite a spread methinks)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Green Dragon

Like it lots Chris, looks good in RN markings, think I'll have to get me a couple.  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

lancer

Stunning work as usual Chris.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die