[Profile] Breguet Br.1001 Taon

Started by Robert, July 15, 2010, 03:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert

I decided to create a profile of a modified version of the Breguet Taon for this group build, and just to keep it interesting, I thought I would post screenshots of my progress. I'm using the three-view from this website as a basis. First I re-draw it in Autocad:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Robert

Thanks. I decided to add the nose and a few other bits from a Fiat G.91R; I was hoping the gun would fit also, but it doesn't look like it will:

Robert

Next I plot the Autocad drawing to a PDF, then zoom in to 250% and use the snapshot tool to grab the image, then paste into Paint Shop Pro. This gives me a high-resolution image to work with, first I delete the white parts and then start coloring sections:

Robert

Looking at some reference photos I see that there are a few details that I need to add, including the gun ports (which weren't in my reference drawing for some reason). So, back to Autocad, then add the details to my drawing in Paint Shop Pro:

sideshowbob9

Watching this with great interest!

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Robert

And dirty it up a bit (almost finished now!):

Robert

Here it is, a French aircraft with Italian nose in German markings  -_-

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

sideshowbob9

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter