Since we'll be getting the Airfix 1/72 Concorde...

Started by Supertom, April 22, 2004, 08:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

HEY!!!!
This is almost the same scheme as my "Red Tiger" F-15 Eagle of the Imperial Roman Air Force that I built .....must be 15 years ago now!
Bloody hell!
Looking good!!
:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

F-32

Wow!

Who's is it, where did it come from and can we have more pictures?!

Captain Canada

Neato !

Who's airforce is it from ? Looks kinda Portugese, like their Fiat specials......

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Rat

YOWZA!!!

I want to see that bugger buzzing the tower at a Tigermeet!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

WeeJimmy

Suddenly I have a craving for Natcho Cheese flavour doritos at Mach 1

lancer

Oh man, that is SWEEEEEEEEET Tom. Simply gorgeous
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

Hmmmm its screaming out for an orange tail, with a bloody big phone number/web address along the fuss

Stelios Rules.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Craig

Got an Airfix 144 scale Concorde up the loft somewhere in Euro 1 camo and the ALCM pylons from a 144 BUFF of some sort. Looks quite odd but cool. I reckon I'd build the 72nd kit straight though.
Do not despair for Johnny head-in-air,
 He sleeps as sound as Johnny underground.
 Fetch no shroud for Johnny in-the-cloud,
 And keep your tears for him in later years.
 Better by far for Johnny-th-bright-star,
 To keep your head and see his children fed.

Mairfrog

Concorde has to be white because of kinetic heating. If the skin temperature rises too high then fatigue life can be measured in minutes. That blue one with Pepsi all over it was limited to Mach 1.7 and the cockpit even has a skin temperature gauge. Like most high speed aeroplanes the heat factor is the limit to speed, but Concorde was built from aluminium so it can never go faster than about Mach 2.

Unless, of course, you paint it with secret ceramic based paints that have superb insulating properties, like the tiles on the space shuttle.  B)  

NARSES2

Right - high speed flight and paint finishes. When I do my F-103 Thunderwarrior, can it be in anything other than natural metal ? Or can I do it in Gloss White with unit markings ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

elmayerle

QuoteBTW, there was something on discovery the other night about the Boeing SST.  What a horrid looking aircraft.  Apparently the mock up still exists.
::Boggle:: It does?  I saw that mockup 30 years ago at a museum in Kissimmee, Florida and I know that place has long since closed down.  I agree, it was never as aesthetically attractive as it should have been.  For my money, the US would've been better served by Boeing winning the C-5 and Lockheed the SST.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin