1/72 Zlin Z-42M

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 15, 2010, 05:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

since im gonna be leaving for RIAT Fairford midnight tomorrow, and be trying to sleep most of the day in preperation for the long trip, im gonna start preparing my 1-week build now.

the (first) model im entering is this Toga 1/72 Zlin Z-42.
i dont have any idea on decals yet, but im thinking either RAF, Flemish, RAAF or Netherlands air force markings.
or could make it a Luftwaffe birs (as i dont think they dont have elementary trainers)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

i took a late start, but i just finished cleaning up the worktable, and im ready to begin.
and since its Belgiums Independence day tomorrow, im gonna make this Zlin up in Belgian AF markings, similat ot our SF260 fleet. although it will most likely not have a sharkmouth cause i appeared to have run out, but i could take another look :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

First Pictures:

the canopy has been painted in trainer yellow  <_<

the inside and the cockpit has recieved a base coat od Soviet cockpit blue, but im thinking of going grey instead  :rolleyes:
whats annoying is the fact that most of the cockpit is i one piece, its gonna be tricky to paint the seats  :unsure:

and then theres the first spots of red on the fuselage and wings  :mellow:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

update time:

the fuselage has recieved a coat of yellow primer.

top side of the wings have recieved a first coat of red, yellow is to follow later

seats have been painted.

and finally, the instrument panel

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Spey_Phantom

last night, the fuselage recieved a glossy yellow coat, same goes for the underside of the wings.

today, the cockpit (seats and sticks) have been fitted into the wings part, the wings itsself have recieved a final layer of yellow.
the fuselage is also done and is currently recieving its first decals, when the wings are dry, everything will be put together.

no pics this time as my littel brother borrowed my camera, i'll try to get pics tonight  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

Looking good, I like the light blue interior
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Spey_Phantom

UPDATE:

last night, the fuselage and the wings were put together. still need to make the landing gear, apply the last roundels and sharkteeth  :mellow:

overall, the cockpit turned out OK  <_<

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

Pretty colours!  Nice looking kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Spey_Phantom

finished.

however, due to problemw with the shark decals, i was kind forced to abandon that.
still, it could ba added later  :mellow:

the aircraft is depicted in 7 Smaldeel markings based at Beauvechain AB in 2001.

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ed S

Nice.  and so tiny....

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Green Dragon

Nice one Nils! Got a nice finish on that yellow, a colour I try to avoid coz I never get it looking good.  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)