Tank Girl ! (comic book version)

Started by cthulhu77, July 12, 2010, 05:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Not that POS from the movie.
First step: obtain Leopard 2 model from Sotoolslinger. Check (thanks!)
Second step: cut tank into thirds, in order to extend the hull by 1/2":

cthulhu77

3:  apply a fair amount of bondo to everything in sight, including my forehead, and install a taller turret ring (cut off bit from a rattlecan):

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

cthulhu77

cthulhu77

nev

The movie may have sucked, but Lori Petty was hot! :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

She always is !  It just missed the entire point of the comic book !!!

lancer

Quote from: cthulhu77 on July 15, 2010, 12:01:48 PM
She always is !  It just missed the entire point of the comic book !!!

I always thought hollywood writers always missed the point of any adaptation..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

She's got her 280mm and side slung 75mm on now...

Weaver

Aye Caramba! I take it you're going for "in the spirit of", rather than an actual model of the cartoon tank then? (The latter was kind of like a Scorpion on Steroids).

I thought the movie tank was one of the better bits to be honest. It wasn't much like the cartoon one, but it had the right spirit. It was basically an M5 Stuart with Cadillac bits on the front and back and the obligatory unfeasably large gun.

Where the movie fell down was the usual Hollywood compulsion to explain everything and make heroes (and particularly heroines) sympathetic: "but why is she so aggressive? Why is she so alienated? What trauma made her like that?" This completely misses the punk ethos of the original strip: She's a Girl. She Drives a tank. She kills people and shags a kangaroo. Because it's cool. Deal with it. Or don't. We don't care either way. :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

cthulhu77

Looking at the tank in the comic, it went through a number of iterations according to the cartoonist drawing it...I am going with the last on I saw, it was much larger than the original, and looked like a funky Abrams...

I liked the film o.k., but the scriptwriters should have been flogged with herrings for making TG so bubbly and stupid. I enjoyed the 40 Watt club feel to the comics, she was a badass who did not like people at all.

cthulhu77

Cut up a bic pen cover for the barrel pieces, and added on the front shredder:

Weaver

Fair enough - I've not seen the later ones. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

cthulhu77

Well, I am still bummed that the original artist went over to doing Gorillaz videos, but I can't put much blame there...that was a lot of cash!  The later versions were just online, but it did make sense that the 'little tank that could' would be upgraded. I am still trying to figure out just how to lift the suspension at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHNuVaZJ-k