Babylon Five Starfury

Started by cthulhu77, July 12, 2010, 08:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Guarding L's Motorhead Poster (well, one of them):

Taiidantomcat

Yeah you are crazy if you think we are just going to be satisfied with that one distance shot!  :drink:
!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Tophe

Your teasing is a success: oh please zoom in, oh please, please... :bow:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Doc Yo

I see red...stars, that is. Looking forward to more pics. ( Of the model-one view of MH a day is enough )

cthulhu77

I started this about five years or so ago...Ivanova's Revenge...can't find the original build thread anymore.  Anyways, the kit pissed me off so much it took a header into a wall.  A friend of mine (who works with Motorhead) is also a Bab 5 fiend, so I gathered the bits and pieces and rebuilt it, then gave it to her.

We hung it up on her ceiling last weekend, and it seems to fit in with the rest of the decor. :)

GTX

Quote from: cthulhu77 on July 12, 2010, 03:41:19 PM
I started this about five years or so ago...Ivanova's Revenge...can't find the original build thread anymore.  Anyways, the kit pissed me off so much it took a header into a wall. 

Ah yes, I remember that incident.  Nice to Ivanova's Revenge finished.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

John Howling Mouse

Know the feeling.  On my "Bruce Lee" version, the only thing that kept me going was knowing that it was a gift for a friend.  Your SF looks great, Greg!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Thanks all !  Yeah, Sir Mouse, I agree...if I hadn't met a died in the wool hardcore bab5 fan, it would have just sat in the rubbish tray for quite a while...what a crappy kit.

GTX

I take it this is the 1/72 Starfury kit - does anyone do one in 1/48?

Regards,

Greg

cthulhu77

looking at the pilot figure, I would put this at about 1/50 or so...

GTX

Quote from: cthulhu77 on July 15, 2010, 07:52:50 PM
looking at the pilot figure, I would put this at about 1/50 or so...

Interesting - what kit if I may ask?

Regards,

Greg

noxioux

Looks great C77.  I built one of these pigs awhile back, even went to the trouble of lighting it.  It's not at it's best right now--but I didn't think it was all that awful. . .

I have two complete sets of corrected resin guns for this kit.  Sure wouldn't mind building at least one more, but the kits get tougher and tougher to find.  Not to mention the huge backlog of projects already on/near the  bench.

The monogram kit is officially listed as 1/72.  Don't think there was ever a mainstream 1/48, although there might have been a garage kit out there somewhere. . .

Good looking 'fury, though. :thumbsup:

cthulhu77

Thanks ! She seems to like it o.k. It does look good suspended. The pilot figure is waaaay too big for 1/72, but who the heck knows how big they breed them in a few years !  :)

sotoolslinger

Sorry Bubba I completely missed this one. Excellent save :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland