[Profile] French Thud

Started by jeremak, July 11, 2010, 01:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremak

My entry into this GB with profile of french Thunderchief: what if France stayed in NATO military structures, and have also a foreign planes in his inventory. For example Thuds for filling the gap between strategical Mirage IVA, and small front line strike planes.

For me, this camo have a "SEA scheme look".

Geoff

Looks excellent - IIRC they were offered the Thud at some point.

Slerski

This Thud must were a Tiger suit... Especially when she's flown by Cambrésis :wacko:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

ysi_maniac

I love this. :wub:
But, let's speak about colours. Is your profile in SEA colours?
Will die without understanding this world.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Looks to me like the colour's are adapted from one of the SMB2 tactical schemes from the late sixties/early seventies.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
Yes, that SMB2 scheme will be sexy on any aircraft.
BTW, IHG, according to your references, which colous would you use for that scheme?
Will die without understanding this world.

jeremak

This colours are from "Multi Color scheme" form 1972. Taken from here: http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/schemes/francelw_72_e.htm Vert Moyen didn't show for me, so I take "Sable" colour, because I have now a limited acces to net (tour organised by my faculty, internet is only in kitchen), an seen this http://www.flying-tigers.co.uk/acatalog/HA2106N.jpg model of Super Sabre. I know it's different, but...

Radish

That looks F****** gorgeous!!! :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Cobra

Sweet Job with the Thud :thumbsup: :thumbsup: if you're so Inclined, you want to add a Shark's Mouth to the Thud with your Next Profile. Correct me if i'm Wrong but. i seem to Recall Hearing Somewhere that a Few French Fighter & Bomber Squadrons used a Shark's Mouth on them. Stay Cool :mellow: :cheers:Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 11, 2010, 10:58:52 AM
Looks to me like the colour's are adapted from one of the SMB2 tactical schemes from the late sixties/early seventies.

And if my memory of the Esci F-100 is correct, AdlA Super Sabres too.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

jeremak

Now I relised, that I've posted my entry before beginning of GB. If first will count, ok, if not: here is its another version, as Slerski said:
QuoteThis Thud must were a Tiger suit... Especially when she's flown by Cambrésis
So, in Africa colours, that same plane, 11 years later:

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: kitbasher on July 12, 2010, 01:22:13 PM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 11, 2010, 10:58:52 AM

And if my memory of the Esci F-100 is correct, AdlA Super Sabres too.

Well not quite. AFAIK, the French F-100's initially were unpainted, then either repainted in the standard USAF SEA pattern and colours, or those 'painted' aircraft were supplied directly from US stocks. Unless anybody here knows different, I'm fairly certain that they didn't wear the 'Multi-Coloured' SMB2 pattern during their AdA service.

Ian
I have a couple of the excellent Esci kit's in stock, they are good aren't they  :wub:
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

You are correct, Ian.
I also believe that some, if not all, SMs were dumped with the F-100s at Sculthorpe base as they were paid for by the US under MDAP.

Nice looking Tiger F-105D.....I think a broader stripe would be better re. the camo bits, but I'm picky, eh?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen