Legion Condor Fw 189, 1939

Started by pyro-manic, July 10, 2010, 05:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

This is the Revell (MPM) kit, which is pretty nice, if a bit rough in places (it has needed quite a bit of filler). I am converting the aircraft to a ground-attack machine, by arming it with it's full load of 4 50kg bombs, and a pair of 20mm cannons in pods (from a Bf109) under the wing roots. Along with a pair of MG17 machine guns already in the wing roots and the flexible defensive guns (2 MG15s) this will result in a capable attack and air support platform, suitable for smashing the forces of Communism. :thumbsup:

Camouflage will be a variation on the Luftwaffe splinter scheme, most likely RLM02 grey/green base colour with darker green and/or sand areas. Ever so slightly worried about painting this one - I've never done a model with so much glazing before, so not only will I have huge amounts of masking to do for the canopy, but I'll have to do a decent job on the cockpit! :o
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Go for a variation on the 3 coloured scheme upper splinter scheme Pyro. Maybe with sand replacing the RLM 02 or the dark green ? Something like this Spanish 190 I did ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

QuoteI've never done a model with so much glazing before, so not only will I have huge amounts of masking to do for the canopy, but I'll have to do a decent job on the cockpit!

You could make life a bit easier by making some of those panels armoured... :rolleyes:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

Some will be, yes, but it's meant to be a bit of a bodge job, so there will still be a lot of glass. :)

Done some painting of the cockpit. Grey, with a wash and drybrush to pick out the details. Seat cushions brown, and assorted bits and bobs picked out in colours. Decals for the instrument panels next, then to add and seal the glazing before I can paint the exterior. Need to sleep now, so I'll post pics after work this (Monday) evening.

pyro-manic

Pics. Cockpit interior, and some parts to be added to the glazing once painted. MG15s in 1:72 are very small!

Currently working very hard trying to mask the bloody canopy. :banghead: