Un petit inspiration ??

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, July 09, 2010, 10:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

Tres bon.

I've also been thinking...perhaps a few real ones with tweaked colours:

F4U-7/AU-1 Corsair, Algeria....but in Cream/Chocolate uppersurfaces.
P-47D...Algeria, as above.
Mirage...any sort you like....but in a D-Day anniversay scheme, with stripes.
Lancaster....but RAF Bomber Command colours, not white or sea blue gloss.
P-51B/C/D....3-tone French uppersurfaces?....how about Vichy?
F-86K in Nato Grey/Green....cause all real French ones were Natural Metal.

:party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Not too shabby, Cap'n Radish, mais I have two 'inputs'

First, The Vichy P-51; The first B's didn't arrive at the squadrons until April '44, So would be difficult to see how they'd get a hold of one unless it landed accidently landed in Vichy territory and the French refused to turn-it-over to the Germans (or simply didn't tell them  :rolleyes:)

The camouflaged F-86K would perhaps benefit from some 'tigering-up', perhaps as a participant in a very early NATO tiger meet  :wacko: - just a thought..... I'll leave it with you.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Fulcrum

How about a French Mig-29 with Vichy-like stripes & the french roundel in the middle of the red star(similar to Communist Hungary & Bulgaria).

Had a idea the other day that NATO loses a conventional war in europe, decides to not use nukes.
NATO survives, but without these countries:
-West Germany, overrun in 2 weeks & merged with East Germany into a reunified Communist Germany.
-Denmark, overrun within several days.
-Norway, surrounded on it's borders, joins in a defensive alliance with Sweden & Finland. Leaves NATO.
-Netherlands, Belgium & Luxembourg, the Warsaw pact moves their bridging equipment with their frontline forces & successfully cross the rhine & occupy these countries in weeks 3 & 4.
-France, NATO fights one last battle & loses by week 7. Surviving NATO forces evacuate from the Brittany penisula while others stop the Warsaw Pact at the Spanish border at the Pyrennes. France then decides to betray NATO & join the Warsaw Pact against their former allies.
-Italy, leaves NATO to become neutral, as does Greece & Turkey.

In summary, my idea is this: a Warsaw Pact-aligned, Soviet-occupied "Vichy-like" French Armee d'air flying Mig-29s.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Radish

Perhaps the MiG-29....and earlier MiG-21s....came from a deal with Poland for a trial/aggressor unit?

In one scenario I had, the French were in total political collapse in 2012, and the UK swiftly invaded, with the collusion of Germany and the Dutch, so that the bulk became an administrative area of the UK, including Paris of course.
The RAF took over most of the FAF so that Rafales and Mirage 2000s, etc., had French colours, schemes, but RAF roundels. Madness    :rolleyes:  what was I thinking when I dreamt that one up!!

Considering the Beriev Be-6 used in the Far East, or even the French Colonies in the Carribean? Or, why not Algeria?

Would a Royalist France have a Blue Roundel with Fleurs-de-lys?...Or surely the White Roundel with a Golden Fleur-de-Lys??  The Air Force of Louis XX1st??

Why not the Imperial French Air Force of Emperor Napolean VIIIth?? As current markings, but an Eagle on the rudder?

The Mosquito was used in North Africa...why not cream and chocolate colours?

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Radish on July 13, 2010, 01:33:54 AM
Why not the Imperial French Air Force of Emperor Napolean VIIIth?? As current markings, but an Eagle on the rudder?
:wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Radish

Radish

Colour scheme inspiration....