Da Rulz!!!

Started by anthonyp, July 04, 2010, 10:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

1. GB runs from 14th July to 1st November.

2. The subject MUST be Made in France or in French markings, beyond that anything is allowable.

3. 'Anything' in rule 2 includes: military and civil; figures, animals, cars, trucks, AFVs, ships, planes, spacecrafts, sci-fics; any time frame; and ... anything. Well, all we know what France is.

4. Profiles and Stories will also be permitted to be entered into the GB separate to actual model builds.  They will be judged together in a separate vote to the model entries.

5. Kits already started but not completed at the time of GB start are allowed to be entered. GB Moderator has the final say on started kits inclusions.

6. Ah ... la sixième règle!

7. All decisions of the GB Moderator regarding eligibility, the rules and a single GB extension are final.

8. Finished builds are to be posted up in a "Finished Builds" thread no later than Midnight Local Time on the deadline date.

9. A winner will be selected by popular (but secret) pole which will commence once the GB is closed and end no later than 14 days thereafter.  Separate poles will be held for model and non-model entries

10. Have fun!

I know turn you over to your GB moderator, ysi_maniac
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

thedarkmaster

Vous pouvez me compter dedans sur celui-ci aussi bien.

Peut-être je ferai un F111 français ! !  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

The Wooksta!

As a well known subversive, I'm almost tempted to build an Fw 190 in Luftwaffe markings... Well, it IS in the rules:

2. The subject MUST be Made in France or in French markings, beyond that anything is allowable.

Fw 190As WERE built in France as the French used the tools to build their own post war.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Should the topic not be "Le Rules" ?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ysi_maniac

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 04, 2010, 02:51:31 PM
As a well known subversive, I'm almost tempted to build an Fw 190 in Luftwaffe markings... Well, it IS in the rules:

Fw 190As WERE built in France as the French used the tools to build their own post war.

As long as it is whif, ... No problem!
Will die without understanding this world.

GTX

Quote from: Overkiller on July 04, 2010, 02:17:10 PM

It beats the hell out of joining all those weirdos building F-111's....   :wacko:

Careful comrade - we are watching you!

Regards,

Comrade Gregorski (Commissar of all F-111 GB things)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

thedarkmaster

Would something part Manufactured in France be OK......as in somrthing Anglo French ?
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Spey_Phantom

pardon my french, but "Je me joins".

i got a few ideas to enter.

Aeronavale F-14A(FR) Tomcat (joint Sud Aviation/Grumman modified version with MICA armamant)
and maybe i might get a Mirage 2000B and make it up in Belgian markings, maybe a Tigermeet one  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: thedarkmaster on July 05, 2010, 07:55:39 AM

Would something part Manufactured in France be OK......as in something Anglo French ?

See Rule 2, hence my considering something Luftwaffe...  Actually, it could be a Luftwaffe aircraft, manufactured in France (and the Ar 96, Ar 196, Ar 396, Bv 144, Do 24, Fi 156, Fi 256, Fw 189, Fw 190, He 274, Ju 52/3m, Ju 488, Bf 108, Me 208 and Si 204 were all built in France either during or post war - there may be more but my encylopedic brain sometimes lets me down), painted in German colours, captured and have RAF markings overpainted. Because, obviously, the Nazis lost.

I'm liking this more and more...  It could possibly tempt me to dig something out and start building.  But I doubt it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ysi_maniac

Quote from: thedarkmaster on July 05, 2010, 07:55:39 AM

Would something part Manufactured in France be OK......as in somrthing Anglo French ?

If french part is relevant (I mean, not just guns or missiles or undercarriage), I see no problem.

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
The turret only or the hull only in a tank will be acceptable. So my concept of a Leopard hull with an AMX-30 turret will be accepted, but I will not participate in this GB. :banghead:

beowulf

well, im in since we can do something in French markings..........but cant start for a few weeks.........got 2 for a BoB group Build elsewhere to do...........and then some 1/35 armour to do...........but then.........

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder