Junk Tank Rock 'Talon'

Started by puddingwrestler, July 01, 2010, 05:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

I was thinking about what to do for the 1WGB, and remembered I have a resin SEG 888 from the Junk Tank Rock series squirelled away. So I decided to have a bit of a look around for reference. And I spotted this...
There's a spitfire in there somewhere (so you see, my Spitfire GB entry was rather restrained really!)
So I've decided to have a go at something like this for my 1WGb entry instead...

There are shiny painted images at the following link; it uses a javascript or some such slide show viewer system for those and I could not get the image location to incorporate pics for the painted images.
PatoPazzo
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

jcf

Very innerestin'.

Right Click -> Open Image In New Window on the image in the viewer worked on my Mac:

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

puddingwrestler

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 01, 2010, 05:58:52 PM

Right Click -> Open Image In New Window on the image in the viewer worked on my Mac:

I'm running on a PC here and all it gave me were flash player options, no image source, or open image options. sigh.
Anyway, I've secured me a 1/48 P-47 with the intention of making some sort of mighty war trike like this for the 1WGB...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Sturmbock

I must have one of these. For real.
:wub:

Aircav

Looks like is started life as a Spitfire but its the best trike I've ever seen.  :wub: :wub:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

rickshaw

Bit too long and low to be useful.  You'd find you'd be scraping your botton on every speed hump in the supermarket carpark!   :o
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mossie

The A-Team were locked in a hangar that happened to have an old Spitfire fuselage & some welding gear....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Quote from: rickshaw on July 02, 2010, 03:11:26 AM
Bit too long and low to be useful.  You'd find you'd be scraping your botton on every speed hump in the supermarket carpark!   :o

Bah!!!
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

deathjester

That has to be one of the best AFV's I've seen all year, splendid work!  Is it meant to be in WW2 Italian style, as it really has that sort of vibe about it!

arkon

you can mow the speed bumps down with those guns. awsome build btw.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

MiB

Francesco, sei davvero bravissimo! Ottimo lavoro e ottimo sito ;)
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Weaver

Okay I give up: what in the Seven Hells is Junk Tank Rock when it's at home?   :huh:

Very nice models: good sense of proportion and poise. They remind me of some of Jim Burns' illustrations. :thumbsup:

The cylinder heads on the trike look familiar enough to bug me, but I can't place them.... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Way cool! Check out the guy's other builds (CLICKY!). Man's a genius! :bow:

What wouldn't I do for just a tiny amount of these guys' creativity!  :banghead:

Quote from: GTX on July 02, 2010, 12:28:39 PM
Bah!!!

Exactly! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?