Aircraft that Look like a Gerry Anderson Style Design

Started by Cobra, June 29, 2010, 09:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, looking at some of the Models Currently out, it Struck me that Some Designs look like something that Gerry Anderson would Use. one that Comes to Mind is the Avro Canada 'Project Y' Aircraft. it looks like Something You'd See in 'Stingray', 'Thunderbirds', or more likely 'Captain Scarlet'! Can Anyone think of Other Aircraft that were Real World but Looked like Something from a Gerry Anderson Show? Thanks for looking.Dan

The Rat

Quote from: Cobra on June 29, 2010, 09:18:22 PMone that Comes to Mind is the Avro Canada 'Project Y' Aircraft.

In case anyone is wondering:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChrisF

Anything from the lost years of british design... Avro 707, shorts sb1, The various hawkers that never made it..... Nearly everything from this period looks like a gerry anderson style design... which i suppose it would be since these planes were most likely the main inspiration..

Weaver

Just about any of the tilting ducted fan concepts were Very Gerry.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Caveman

One aircraft leaps to the fore

Convair B.58 Hustler

secretprojects forum migrant

Spey_Phantom

i always thought the TSR2 had a GA feel to it.

and then there's the Ryan X-13.

the Fokker/MBB VJ101

and who can forget, the Do-31  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Rat

Green Dragon

"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

rickshaw

I'd suggest almost anything by Burt Rutan has a Gerry Anderson feel about it.  If there was ever a designer who looked like he did his apprenticeship under Anderson, its Rutan.  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Sturmbock

Anything that looks like the Angel Interceptor, which is basically any 4.5 generation fighter with some extra winglets slapped on and futuristic 'sixties colours.

Seriously. Aren't the similarities with modern fighters remarkable?