Hinamaru Havoc

Started by Taiidantomcat, June 28, 2010, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Inspired by the last profile of the above (But I am not finished yet :wacko:):

The above Nakajima "Ben" (yes I named it after me!) Uses P-47 wings for fins and Mitsu Zero cowls for engine exhausts.

Hope you enjoy the bright Bens! plan on putting more Japanese stuff in this thread soon  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Hats off to the pair of Bens, Ben.  Gotta admit, the sharp orange in there really gives it some jive.  Looking forward to seeing what else you add!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Mossie

Reverse engineered after 'The Final Countdown' incident??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mossie on June 29, 2010, 01:48:53 AM
Reverse engineered after 'The Final Countdown' incident??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

looks like that to me.

brilliant pair of tomcats.   :bow:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Taiidantomcat

Thanks guys! I am hoping to get some better picks of them both later on today... Yesterday was one of those days where everything from the camera, to the computer, to the photo hosting site refused to work  :banghead:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

chrisonord

they look absolutely brill Ben, I am liking these  :wub:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

anthonyp

Nice, reminds me of one of my earliest 2nd generation Whifs (when I first carpet bombed the forums with posts)

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

ysi_maniac

Love your Japanese Tomcats :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Taiidantomcat

Anthony I remember seeing that on ARC and just loving it  :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

So what happens when your brightly colored training aircraft suddenly need to be camouflaged for combat and you only have black paint on hand? Sometimes a solution jumps onto your foot:

Brian da Basher

Those Tomcats look like they should be in the subtitled version of The Final Countdown. Nice work!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 28, 2010, 02:44:49 PM
So what happens when your brightly colored training aircraft suddenly need to be camouflaged for combat and you only have black paint on hand? Sometimes a solution jumps onto your foot:

I love your way!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :party:
Will die without understanding this world.

Sauragnmon

Loving that camo pattern, Ben - it's really nicely stacked up with the black on the green and orange.  Very stylish.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

Thanks for the comments everyone!  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 28, 2010, 02:44:49 PM
<...> Sometimes a solution jumps onto your foot:

<...>

Whatever you do, DON'T LICK THE TOAD!  

Oh, I see you already did.  :wacko: Just saw the Tomcat in those colours.

Very, very awesome!

EDIT: When I saw the thread title, I thought of a Mi-28 in JGSDF colours. Might not be a bad idea, this.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?