1/72 Aircraft carrier on ARC

Started by Aircav, April 20, 2004, 10:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Hi, has anyone else seen the 1/72 carriers on ARC, they look ace.
Do we have enough room do to a mini carrier for the Nats ?, as a display for the navy aircraft we are doing.

http://s96920072.onlinehome.us/Gal3/2401-2...iel/gal2418.htm
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Gary

Cool idea. The whildest example I've seen of something like that was the Shearwater Aviation Museum. They have a 1/48 scale model of the HMCS Bonaventure. It was originally built as a float for Natal Day parades, but a builder there detailed it and added a bunch of Testors Banshees and stuff. Very neat!
Getting back into modeling

Gary

JoeP

Hey, fun stuff! Sure beats out my 1/700 battlegroup. I'd love to build an LHA in 1/72 someday, with all the birds and armor and LCACs, but space is at a premium, and time doubly so.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

WeeJimmy

Great model.   I'm actually toying with idea of a shelve mock up of a carrier for all of my RCN stuff.   "Buccaneers on the Bonnie"

Thankks for sharing the pic and idea  :)  

Leigh

WOW oooooh if only I had the room :rolleyes:  

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Captain Canada

Whoa....that's awesome !

Nothing better than 'big kids' !

Sure looks like fun !

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

QuoteThe whildest example I've seen of something like that was the Shearwater Aviation Museum.
Bragging time! If you ogled that Fairey Swordfish they have then know this; My father is the person who got that engine back to flying condition!  ^_^  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Gary

And they actually flew the thing!!!!!!
What an airplane!!!