And in this Corner, the 50 Foot Woman!

Started by Cobra, June 15, 2010, 10:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, i was inspired by some art i saw on Deviant Art of the the 50 Foot Woman vs.Godzilla,King Kong,Etc. what do you think of doing a Diorama with the 5o Foot Woman facing Creatures like that in a Cityscape type setting or facing Another 50 Foot Woman in that kind of setting? hope this Doesn't Sound to Crazy. Thanks for looking.Dan

nev

As long as the 50 foot woman is the Daryl Hannah version.

Full scale.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

proditor

I should send this thread to my wife.  She's about 6 foot, and her nicknames are: The 50 foot woman, the amazon, Wonder Woman, etc.   ;D

Cobra

Hope she Won't Clobber me for this. just something that came into my head.Dan

proditor

Not at all, I think she'd love the idea!  My guess would be that she'd pick up one of our vinyl Godzillas and menace it suitably.  If she does, I'll grab a pic.  :)

philp

As long as you post the pic :thumbsup:

Cobra,
A figure that is just over 8" tall would equate to 50' in 1/72nd or a little under 7" would fit for HO scale (1/87th).
Also, just over 4" would be right for 1/144th or just under 4" for N scale (1/160th).

For kits:
8" = 200mm
4" = 100mm

So a 90mm figure should work pretty good for N scale.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Mossie

For 1/72, a figure of around 1/8 would work for 50ft.  They're available, but you'll need to search about.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Doc Yo

Its a fine idea, with one ( possible ) hitch. Most of the Japanese giant monsters are anywhere from two to
three times the size of the 50 foot woman, and Kong, about half her height. Still, given how cavalier the
movie industry can be about questions of scale, its probably not critical. ;D Good luck with the project-
you might find a suitable figure in the Jimmy Flintstone line. many of his kits tend to be rather racy, so
I won't put a link in here, but I think you can find his site under "Dr. Flintbone".