Waterline U-boat model??

Started by Radish, June 14, 2010, 04:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

As it says on the title.
Any suggestions....not 1/700 as too small.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

The Wooksta!

I think the Mirage 400th kits are waterline.  If not, a few seconds with a bandsaw should do the trick!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ChernayaAkula

Adding to that...

1. assemble as per the instructions
2. place assembled sub on an even surface so the potential waterline is level with the surface
3. take a block of styrene or LEGO bricks or whathaveyou
4. fit a felt pen, pencil or even X-Acto blade to the block so it's at the desired height
5. trace around the whole sub, both sides (if done correctly, you should now have a decent water line)
6. take your Dremel, razor saw, hack saw, saw of choice and hack away!  :wacko:

There. A waterline sub!  :thumbsup:

May need some sanding, but that should be no problem with a sheet of sand paper taped to an even surface
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

Thank you....I shall be brave :wacko:

There are several U-boats that appear in a number of Biggles stories. :thumbsup:

philp

Gotta start with one of the Revell kits in 72nd to stay consistent with the Biggles aircraft :thumbsup:

Still think I may waterline my 72nd Gato if I can come up with a decent idea dio.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Radish

Ah, but some Biggles models are 1/144th, some 1/72nd, some 1/48th and there's even a 1/32nd car.
So anything is possible!!

cthulhu77

I've got a waterline U-boat under construction (being blown in half)...don't know if I will have it ready for the nats or not.  I heavily recommend the purchase of a scroll or band saw...it makes it oh so much faster !

Geoff

I think Revell do a Type VII in 1/144th scale.

Joe C-P

Just glue the periscope onto a water base.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.