What ever happened to Huma Models?

Started by frank2056, June 09, 2010, 12:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I haven't seen new Huma Models for sale or advertised anywhere in several years. They must have gone out of business, but when? I had (and still have) quite a collection of their models, and enjoyed building them.

deathjester

I think you might be right-they've disappeared off the wholesale site I use, though I could have sworn they were there last week!

Aircav

I think Pocketbond in the UK still advertise them.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Aircav on June 09, 2010, 02:03:47 PM

That's right, they're in the 2010 catalogue I got a few months back, but do any retail shops actually buy them in?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

Huma went bust. :( There's a thread over on Flugzeugforum.de about it.(KLICK!). Apparently, Huma suffered badly at the hands of a retailer who wouldn't pay for the goods they ordered or stick to agreements.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 09, 2010, 04:28:04 PM
Huma went bust. :( There's a thread over on Flugzeugforum.de about it.(KLICK!). Apparently, Huma suffered badly at the hands of a retailer who wouldn't pay for the goods they ordered or stick to agreements.

That sucks. I liked their older while plastic models (still have a few). Their newer tan plastic kits were quite buildable, too. I even had the 1/72 Flettner, but it died during the 1994 Northridge earthquake. I still have some of the bits.

PR19_Kit

That's a big pity, Huma made some excellent stuff, way out in left field, just the stuff for us Whiffers.

I'll treasure the few I have in stock and build them carefully, especially the Fw Triebflugel, or however you spell it, I can't see anyone else kitting one of them.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2010, 03:32:06 PM
Quote from: Aircav on June 09, 2010, 02:03:47 PM

That's right, they're in the 2010 catalogue I got a few months back, but do any retail shops actually buy them in?

Very occasionally I've seen them in MZ, both Croydon and Holborn. Shame they've gone as they did do a nice range, I have most of the Luft 46 stuff, and they tended to be enjoyable builds. Hopefully someone will pick the moulds up
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I asked my LMS to order a Dornier Do.27 for me last year, but they never got back to me.  I knew they were hard to get hold & simply thought they couldn't get one, didn't realise they'd gone under, shame.

As mentioned earlier, they're in the Pocketbond Catalogue, but Pocketbond often keep defunct manufacturers in it if they've still got stock to clear, Allanger comes to mind, think there was someone else as well.

I wonder if the moulds have been picked up by anyone?  Revell would seem the ideal candidate.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

So it could be said that we've lost a sense of Huma..... :rolleyes:

frank2056

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2010, 11:51:07 AM
So it could be said that we've lost a sense of Huma..... :rolleyes:

I didn't think it would be Huma-nly possible to make a pun about our loss.

PR19_Kit

It's a Humanguous disaster for Whiffers.........  -_-

Regards
Kit

deathjester

Fulcrum

WE MUST SAVE THE HUMAN'S!!!

okay, sorry about that :banghead:, this sure sucks >:(
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

lancer

Damm shame about Huma going under. If your'e still wanting thier stuff The Aviation hobby shop at West drayton has a decent selection of Huma models in stock.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die