What If Fokker Triplane 1/72

Started by Allan, May 29, 2010, 02:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Hi all,
It's the Roden kit and I've put some lozenge on it with a wooden fuselage. I'll try to knock up some more ailerons because I've always wondered why Tony Fokker didn't put them on all three wings like the Sopwith Triplane. Markings I'll decide later.
I'm making this one quickly in between working on my 109 and the Uhu.

Allan in Canberra

dumaniac

allan - looking good - thanks for the phone call - cheers Bernie

Cliffy B

Is there some trick to that camo scheme?  Is it one big decal or is there a complicated system of masks?  just wondering, it's looking good man.
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Allan

Another photo--it's coming along nicely and the Triplane does look spiffy in lozenge, don't you think? Sometime the decal is a large one cut into shape, but here and there I have used smaller one to hide tears.
Allan in Canberra

Allan

Upperwing candy stripes in yellow and red (Xtracrylix, brush painted-needs another coat).
Allan

NARSES2

So WWI Papagai Staffle ?  ;D What are they protecting ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Allan

Hi
The upper wing paint didn't look good so I've anointed it with oven cleaner and will have another go.
Here's the plane as it stands--I don't like the triplane rudder-never have-and so might replace it with this Siemens Schuckert (now that it a sweet plane!) rudder, even though it's a Little oversize, or even knock up something like the SE5A rudder instead. Don't have to decide right away--later down the track.
I might put Japanese decals on this bird. The long red arrow would look terrific.
And I'll drape a tarp over the cockpit just for fun.
There's been some wonderful planes on this site of late and I'll add my comments in a few days.
Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Glad to see it's back on the go Al  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

noxioux

The meatballs and those arrows would look right at home on this one.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

Wow ! Great job on that tiny little aeroplane, Allan !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Allan

Here's the little plane as it, er, stands---the design of this kit is pretty poor in the undercarriage in that you have to put four very spindly struts into position--far too fiddly for a young modeller. I'm surprised it passed quality control.
Allan

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Allan

thanks fellows
lead pencil struts and wheels on
some touching up still to do
Allan in Canberra