Colonial Humvee Mk. II

Started by Atlantis, May 28, 2010, 06:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

In my ongoing quest to explore the lesser known areas (mostly hit and miss) of the Galactica-verse, I'vve decided to take a look at the military gound forces. THe Humvee mk.II of course being a militarised Hummer H2. THis vehicle is the combination of a half-hearted attempt at the H2 from Zombieland in 1:32 and leftovers from the Gryphon mk. II (I put the Apache's 30mm cannon on the roof and used some left over sheet plastic for armor plate.)

THe Humvee Mk.II was intended as a replacement for the Humvee mk.I and Ferret multipurpose vehicles. However, the original Humvees (or whatever they are called in-universe) did remain in service up until the fall of the twelve colonies. This particular variant was part of the forces deployed to liberate Cylon-occupied Tauron. The gun is a 30mm KEW that is operated from within the vehicle or manually ( hence the armor plating).

Here's what I've got so far:

arkon

i like the big a$$ digital camo
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

MiB

Wowowowow!! My next car (in my next life)!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

cthulhu77

Very nice !!!  Dig the hood bigtime.   :cheers:

John Howling Mouse

Looks great!  I realize they're not in the same scale but I would like to see this bad boy parked somewhere near a certain (fantastic) Voodoo-Viper Conversion "Corsair" ...   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.