Groovtastic car whiff thread of grooviness.

Started by puddingwrestler, May 24, 2010, 08:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Herein place they groovy car whiffs!

Allow em to commence to strat:
32 Sedan Rat Rod

More from Brian's Model Cars later - my Mac doesn't seem to like the navigation menus...

Mark S. Gustavson's Custom Clinic
Mark S. Gustavson's Pegasus

First annual custom model photo contest:

Second annual model photo contest:

Works of Juha Airio:

There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

More from the BMC galleries:

Fully lit street version of Speed Racer's Mach 5

The Munster's coach... in pink! (For Radish - could be the official state limo if he gets elected!)

This one always gives me a giggle for some reason - International Harvester Scout II rod!

And now from the pen of Brad Leisure (who has a page at the end of Scale Auto for showing off custom ideas - at least he did last I checked anyway) He actually did a few pure what if designs for pop culture icon cars - a MOnkee Mobile based on a Barracuda rather than a GTO, and a Green Hornet Imperial I think it was... I have the mags somewhere.
Modernised original Corvette sorta thing

Full size working what-if golf carts were petrol tankers...

Chrysler Turbine car as a muscle machine - there's a model of the turbine car, but I can't remember who made it. This scheme just has to be done!

What If the Batmobile was based on a Corvette concept, not the LIncoln Futura?

What if the Ala Kart was a Tub?

What if people built beach buggies these days? Would they use the new beetle?

More on his site.

beowulf

Quote from: puddingwrestler on May 25, 2010, 12:53:53 AM

This one always gives me a giggle for some reason - International Harvester Scout II rod!

thats Reds......i watched the wip of that elsewhere.......he actually had it sprayed up in a friends bodyshop cos he knoew they were doing those colours on a real car
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Mossie

Found this some time ago, a guy called Terry Jessee reviewed a resin Cavalier 1/24 Holden Torana.  Since it was from the same era as the Mad Max Ford Falcons, he decided to do it in MFP colours:
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/merchandise/Models/Vehicles/AussieCarKits/index.html

I've thought of doing my own Mad Max max conversion using a Tamiya Zakspeed Capri, but the kit's like rocking horse poo-poo these days.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: puddingwrestler on May 25, 2010, 12:53:53 AM
Chrysler Turbine car as a muscle machine - there's a model of the turbine car, but I can't remember who made it. This scheme just has to be done!

I think the Chrysler Turbine was kitted by Jo-Han, they were always suckers for something weird.

I must post some piccies of my car models, including the Merlin powered Chevy van.......  -_-
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Cliffy B

Found this guy awhile back.  Click "Home" at the bottom and check the other categories; does planes and armor and some other stuff all whiffs!

http://www.gregplummer.com/cars/cars.html
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Weaver

Given the availability of Beetle and bike kits, you could always do a Beach B'stard:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/beach_bstard/pool/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

You can get a pre-built Zundapp KS570 in 1/24, would work well with the Beetle given it's linked history.
http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/685_1_105367175.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

I think Tamiya do a KS750 kit in 1/35th too. How about Beach B'starding it with a Kubelwagen?  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Yeah!  Hollywood version of D-Day, with a maverick German Officer leading the defence of Normandy in a pimped-out Kubel B'stard, metallic version of camouflage, Nazi party music blasting from speakers, gleefully mowing down US troops on Omaha beach.  When things go t!ts up for the Germans, Tom Cruise walks up, says the line 'lifes a beach' then shoots him through the head! :wacko:

Or something like that.... :lol:

puddingwrestler

Model Expo 2008 featured a hot pink camo scheme souped up Kubelwagen with V8 I believe in the back, and a similarly style Schwimmwagen - think they were by the same guy who make the V8 engines hot pink hotrod style ME109 that was there as well...

beowulf

well.............this is one i did last year............what if the Dukes of Hazard had bought a monster truck  ;D

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

puddingwrestler

Anyone tried building a family guy version of the general lee?

puddingwrestler

supercars.net can be worth a look - they have a concept car gallery but I find myself drawn magnetically to the galleries of concourse d'elegance photos...
Then I start to wish I had more money and a garage.
Or maybe just a garage and enought ot buy a nice clean Triumph Mayflower...

puddingwrestler