Grumman X-29

Started by ChernayaAkula, May 23, 2010, 09:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Figured the Grumman X-29 could use a topic of its own.  :thumbsup:

Here's a sketch for a second generation Grumman X-29. Bigger engine, bigger wings, main undercarriage moved to booms which also house the vertical stabs now.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

Interesting. What about a Hornet/Super Hornet-based machine? That would be a logical progression, and would work quite well with those huge LERXs to mount the canards on.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

Or the competing F-16 derived option:

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Cobra

Always thought the X-29 was Cool :mellow: Did you know the X-29 was a Plane you could Unlock in 'Ace Combat 5 the Unsung War'? think the X-29 would be Workable for a 'Gerry Anderson' style Whif? seemed to have that feel to me!  :cheers: :cheers:Dan

Shasper

Got a few X-29 kits to do up as aggressors and adversaries . . . One in progress with a good what if twist ;)

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Talos

I did these a few years ago. The base F-29 I did was using an F-5E forward fuselage instead of the F-5A the X-29 had.

RB-211

I once built a FSW TU-26 before this was cool. Sadly it was destroyed during a move.You could say it was ""inspired".

Gondor

Quote from: Talos on June 03, 2010, 08:50:18 AM
I did these a few years ago. The base F-29 I did was using an F-5E forward fuselage instead of the F-5A the X-29 had.

Looks a bit like a Grippen with forward swept wings

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....