PW builds... furniture?

Started by puddingwrestler, May 23, 2010, 12:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

No, I have not gone and blown flipping great wodges of cash at Ikea, I'm building 28mm furniture for my modular RPG dungeon (more on which in TFH soon).
And in order to save time (and make flipping great wodges of cash selling them off on ebay) I'm casting things. So far I have made the masteres for tweo different sets of book spines (which will be inserted into shelves) and a wooden cupboard. I'm using plasticard and a scriber for the woodgrain.
I intend to make severl sizes of cupboard and shelf, and I also have various other plans, although they may not be things I cast, a lot of them are one-off things like thrones of undead doom and the well squid.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

Pity they're not 15mm, I could have used some a few months back........;)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

puddingwrestler

Apart from Traveller I cannot think of an RPG which uses 15mm minis...

Gondor

Traveller uses 15mm figures........... I never knew that and never used figures when playing

now I feel all left out

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Green Dragon

Laserburn was 15mm too. Haven't a clue where I got them from but I seem to have a couple of hundred figures and two Glaive helicopter thingies and a tilt engine flying wotsit around here somewhere.
Love the Terrain For Hippo's stuff PW!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

puddingwrestler

This is where I was up to last night. I started on a sideboard sort of thing after these, but no pics yet.

Here are the book spines. If I can find the lego, I'll pour the mold tonight. Probably.

Here are the cabinets with a mini for scale reference. That's one of the modular dungeon tiles they are sitting on. One of the boring ones.

Here you can see the sides. It's hard to see but there is wood grain scribed on there.

Weaver

Like it PW - this kind of stuff must make all the difference in figure RPG playing. :thumbsup:

Green Dragon: Laserburn and it's figures were originally made by Tabletop Games in Nottingham (as was the Starforce 3000 1/300th armour game). Somebody else has taken over Laserburn, but I can't recall who.

Gondor: figures wern't essential to Traveller (I never used them for straight RPGing either). RPG figures were produced in 28mm (Grenadier?) and wargaming figures in 15mm however.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

puddingwrestler

Mold poured and more work on the sideboard done.
I'll be making some more books to go in the sideboard shelves.

puddingwrestler

Here's a pic of the sideboard thingee.

I'll be cracking the book mold open later tonight and casting from it on the morrow.
The cupboards etc. need a bit of gap filling and some smoothing, then I need to work out handles for them and they are done.
I'll porbably make two different book shelf masters and then make a mold from these as a set.
And while I wait for the molds etc. I should really start on Ishoo Twentee...

puddingwrestler

Well, the mold looks pretty sweet, but I can't seem to get a decent photo of it. You'll just have to wait to see casts tommorow, eh?

puddingwrestler

The mold worked fairly well, btu I think I took the resin out too soon - it was really soft and flexible even though it'd had long enough. It's gone hard now. I'll try to mix properly next time. I also need to mix a little more, I under estimated the capacity of the mold.
Pics tonight probably.