Freightdog on facebook

Started by Freightdog862, May 21, 2010, 02:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hello chaps,

I started a facebook page for Freightdog Models about three weeks ago, lots of nice pictures of made up Pegasus, Blue Max and Silver stuff, but no fans!! Help me out please, if your on facebook take a look and if you like it, please say you do. At the moment I have seven fans (which includes my brother and sister in law, who don't really count), that pretty poor isn't it?

Colin

NARSES2

Not a "social networking" site user I'm afraid Colin. Best of luck with it though
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 22, 2010, 02:52:17 AM
Not a "social networking" site user I'm afraid Colin. Best of luck with it though

I'm the same,

Was this a marketing move then Colin ?  I've noticed on a couple of other forums some have gone this way.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

GTX

Ditto

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Freightdog862

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 22, 2010, 06:04:25 AM

I'm the same,

Was this a marketing move then Colin ?  I've noticed on a couple of other forums some have gone this way.

Partly, but also my own website (which is oscomerce) was done by a friend, very nice but when I want to get updates to new pages etc, it takes ages, and I can't push him as he does it for free. By using facebook I can stick loads of pictures up, whereas on my website its one per item. I also joined facebook myself, as a way of keeping in touch with work colleagues. The novelty is wearing off now, lots of pointless posts with a few witty ones sometimes. To be honnest it was only after I set it up that I realised other model sites existed there, the only one I can seen was the squadron.com one. I'll keep it up and see if it makes a difference, I did notice a surge of sales of Blue Max kits when it went up (lots of nice pics of them I assume?)
Colin

Radish

Great....I'm a regular and'll add you soon. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Kerrillc

If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Geoff

Freightdog862

Try searching for 'Freightdog Models', its there, honest!
Colin

Army of One

Added......I am 1 of 44.........not the first but just saying....I am 1 of 44........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Geoff