Aurora/Monogram Boeing 737 72 scale

Started by Nigel Bunker, May 20, 2010, 02:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Bunker

I am after one of these -I intend to use it to build a T-43 so the state or type of decals are not important. I know that Welsh Models do a nice vac-form, but being out of work at the moment, it is beyond me financially, so the only route is the Aurora/Monogram kit plus card & filler.

Happy to pay or do a trade.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

PR19_Kit

Nigel,

That will be a BIG job, as the kit is the early short -100 version with the prototype engines as well.

Last time I saw one it was going for a STUPID price at Telford, over £50 as I recall. But best of luck in your search.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

I have one but sorry, it's not for sale.  I was going to use mine to do a 'Janet Airways' aircraft (Draw Decals does a sheet) but then I read a thread on ARC.  I made a comment and someone there explained just what you would have to do to the kit to get it into that state.  He said the Janet Airways aircraft are -200's and the Aurora/Monogram kit is of the prototype '737', not even a -100 but it's close to that.  So I ended up buying a Welsh Models -200 to do the Janet Airways one and then got hold of a Hawkeye Models Australia decal sheet to do a NASA operated -100 for the Monogram kit.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

arrow

I have one and I do not intend to make it.But I have to say it is in a big box and could cost a lot to send it to you (I live in Canada).So if you are interested, I am willing to exchange or sale.Just let me know what you offer in terms of material or price,we should agree on some arrangement.
My kit is the Aurora issue,complete with decals and instructions.
Have a good day.

PR19_Kit

Who the devil are BPM, or BPK as in one of the links? I never heard of them before.

That looks quite a good rendition of a -200, albeit a little basic. Imagine what Italeri would have done with  1/72 737 cockpit interior?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Looks like a reasonably good kit.  I think they're Russian, Kit.

[correction] They're actually Ukrainian.

I think they should have made the fuselage modular so you could make the different length versions.  Then, with different wings and engine pods you could make all the major versions simply by issuing separate kits with extra pieces.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Yes, the Daco 1/144 737 kit was a masterpiece of the 'multi-version' art. By cutting on engraved lines inside the basic fuselage and adding different lengths plugs included in the kit you couldd make any of the 2nd generation 737s. I have 4-5 of those kits The Loft.  ;D

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

From the translation of - http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_p_767515.html#767515

The company is called BPK which translates apparent as "Big Plane Kits".

The prices are due to be announced:

Price will be announced prior to 15/11/2012, prior to that date should start selling.

Also a later post says:
In Russia - 84 bucks. http://amarket.pl.ua/index.php?productID=2821

Pricey but within reason I believe.  The link has a step-by-step build with pictures BTW.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.