G

Toads legless !!!!

Started by Geoff_B, April 16, 2004, 11:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

As requested here is an image of the Skyhook warship with cat !!!.

I'll try and scan the other smaller variant later

Cheers

Thorvic B)  

WeeJimmy

Captain Canada

I'm too busy flippin' well working to get legless........

But thanks for the pic, Geoff !

That's good to see that this is 'the warship of the future' !

Only I think the haul down system would work better than the skyhook.

Cheers !

Toadman

High on Harriers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

Hi Todd

You can always do both with the Skyhook just being used to move the aircraft from the hanger super structure to the lanch rail system and build the hauldown system into a mechanism that that moves out with the cradle when the side panels open for landing.

If you notice on the drawing the Artist has been a little lazy in adapting the drawing from the original non catapult system. The Funnels should be flush with the sides of the hull to leave the gap for the cataplut, but the artist failed to do this creating a sort of escher style of picture !!!!.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Captain Canada

Yeah.....that makes sense, Geoff........

But if you look at the SHAR that has just launched........appears to have fit between the funnels ?

And on the 'skyhook' theory......could work......but I'm thinking after we haul 'em down, the CDN navy has a 'mattress' type cradle that pulls the Sea King into the hangar, so I might just go with that.........

Thanks for the input !

Toadman :wub: ;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

QuoteBut if you look at the SHAR that has just launched........appears to have fit between the funnels ?

Hi Todd

Yeah thats what i mean if you look at the rail above the Hanger you can see the correct width and the same gap is between the funnels (obviously) however look at the funnel widths add the to the rail width and the funnels would have to be flush with the sides of the ship, however the artist has them somewhere set back behind the lifeboats !!!. Its an optical illution !!! where he has adapted another drawing without the cat and done the hull sides first then done the cat mod later and not noticed the change.

Cheers

Geoff