Main Menu

Nuclear Bombers GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, May 16, 2010, 11:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

this year is exactly 65 years ago that the americans dropped the first atomic bomb on hiroshima, on august 6 1945.
this deadly attack, that eventually ended world war 2, planted the seeds for the cold war that followed.

i know its a bit sensitive, but i was thinking why not do a group build on nuclear weapon carrying bomber.
thinking B-29 alternative, alternative V-Bombers, fast penetration altitude fighter bombers (B61 armed EE Lightnings, Bleu steel armed Cambera's or VC-10's,....)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Cliffy B

I've got a B-25 I've been wanting to do as a 1946 era carrier capable nuke bomber, would that work?  :mellow:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

pyro-manic

Hmm, a Lightning in anti-flash white dragging a Target Marker Bomb would look very good.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

puddingwrestler

I think HG wells wrote a story once about atomic bombs being dropped from planes - WW1 style planes, and they pulled the saftey rings out with thier teeth and dropped them by hand!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: puddingwrestler on May 16, 2010, 08:21:03 PM
I think HG wells wrote a story once about atomic bombs being dropped from planes - WW1 style planes, and they pulled the saftey rings out with thier teeth and dropped them by hand!

Ahh the good old days.  :o  I would be in for this GB  :cheers: Have TONS of ideas  :party:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

How about the B-29 "Enola Gay" "Miss Jupiter", from the Watchmen opening sequences

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

^ Yeah!  :wub: And how about "Silk Spectre II" nose-art on a B-52 or B-1 in SIOP-scheme?  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Gondor

or the B-52 from Dr Strangelove ?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

puddingwrestler

Never mind that, what abvout Slim Pickens riding the bomb?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Mossie

I thought this must have been proposed already, I was coming up with a similar idea in my head today & it rang a bell somewhere.  How about a more general Instant Sunshine GB?  Nukes in general, bombers, strike aircraft, fighters with nuclear AAM's, SSN's, arsenal ships, nuclear artillery, tanks/SPG's with nuclear shells & pretty much anything else.  Also, how about including nuclear propulsion so carriers, subs, space ships (including those crazy proposals for detonating bombs to propel a space ship), even buses...

What's the pic all about???  The Brits'll know what I mean!!! ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Quote from: puddingwrestler on May 22, 2010, 04:33:50 AM
Never mind that, what abvout Slim Pickens riding the bomb?

PW, Government Issue (I believe it's a line by Squadron) have very recentley released just that, a figure of Major Kong riding the bomb in Dr Strangelove:
http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=GOV9001
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

beowulf

Quote from: Mossie on December 10, 2010, 04:14:34 PM

What's the pic all about???  The Brits'll know what I mean!!! ;D

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

:lol:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Geoff

LOL - The SIG did an "Instant Sunshine" GB a few years ago.

sandiego89

I would be in for sure, plenty of ideas both big and small. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Quote from: Geoff on December 10, 2010, 05:01:51 PM
LOL - The SIG did an "Instant Sunshine" GB a few years ago.

Yup it was a good display, youre bike was particularly poignant
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.