CH-53 E whif

Started by Eddie M., May 13, 2010, 04:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Do to the generosity of one very fine Gentleman, I have recieved a very nice Acedemy 1/48 Super Stallion in the mail. I'm going to build it real world, but am going to come up with a different paint scheme ,unit, etc... Progress photos of the rotor head later tonight. For now, bit of inspiration from my collection.   :cheers:

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Any clues as to the paint scheme or is it to be a surprise???
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

MiB

Have u ever read the grapich novel "Elektra Assassin"? There are a lot of S.H.I.E.L.D. strange copters, maybe u can find your inspiration here.... :mellow: :tornado:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Eddie M.

Got the rotor head put together tonight. The blades slip in for a real good fit the way they are. 38 pieces make up the rotor head ( if I counted correctly) Here's how I painted 7 small pieces. set them on one side of the masking tape and folded it over. Works great. ;D

QuoteBLACKOUT!! 

Am I that transparent that you can see what's going on in my head? :lol:

It's a mighty helo with the size to prove it.

Look behind you!

Captain Canada

That's big alright ! Love them old shots, Eddie....looked so menacing in the dark grey.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

The CH-53 is amongst the coolest things ever to fly, so I look forward to seeing you work your magic on this Eddie :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Eddie M. on May 13, 2010, 07:23:12 PM
Am I that transparent that you can see what's going on in my head? :lol:

Nah, I guess it's more a case of "great minds think alike". Twisted minds, but great nonetheless. Yeah, that sounds about right.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

wikxie

This thread reminds me, I saw a great Doco years ago about helicopters. Never seen anything look so wrong as the clip showing a CH-53 doing a complete 360 roll. That's right it was completely inverted. That great big fuselage perched on top of the rotor head looked very weird.  :o

karlik

Ceiling Fan?  :o :o :o
interesting  :thumbsup:

John Howling Mouse

Heh, heh, keep the critters and kids away----those blades do look dangerous!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

More progress shots today. Until then, a few of the Sea Dragon.  :cheers:

And IIRC a couple of Deltas at Cubi Point in the P.I.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Here's the tail rotor and interior walls. I tried to find decent interior shot of this helo and couldn't, so I'm making it up as I go.

Look behind you!

anthonyp

1/48?!  Good God, that's huge.

Look forward to what your insane brain comes up with  ;D
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Scooterman

Quote from: Eddie M. on May 13, 2010, 04:36:14 PM
Do to the generosity of one very fine Gentleman, I have recieved a very nice Acedemy 1/48 Super Stallion in the mail. I'm going to build it real world, but am going to come up with a different paint scheme ,unit, etc... Progress photos of the rotor head later tonight. For now, bit of inspiration from my collection.   :cheers:

I don't think I've even seen Echo's in the Engine Grey scheme before.  Plenty of Sea Dragons, but not the bog stock lifters.  Methinks I know what to do with my 1/48 kit now.  If I don't end up making it Aussie...... ;D