Looking for a Turbo Prop engine

Started by lancer, May 09, 2010, 12:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

As the title says, 'm looking for a turbo prop engine that would be suitable for fitting onto the front of a small fighter in place of the current piston one. . Does anybody have one they can let go, or point me in the direction where I can obtain one? It's needed for the Pegasus GB for this years SMW. Thanks.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

what sort of diameter do you need Lance?

as this may help.......http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/cavalier-mustang-1--turbo-mustang-111-246-p.asp
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

About 15mm wide. I need it to go on the front of that Aresnal VG33 I got for the build. the plan is to upgrade it with a turbo prop and tip tanks as a close support machine.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

just edited my reply Lance, check the URL ive added
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Lance, it might be worth dropping Airfix customer services an e-mail & asking them for a pair of engines & props from their Fokker Freindship.  They're very good, they won't reply to you but you'll just get them in the post one day.  You shouldn't have to pay either, unless things have changed.  If you can't get them, let me know & I might be able to spare one from my kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

Mossie.......who do you contact? Do you have to supply part numbers? That would be really helpful for something I got in mind.........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!