Orange Blossom

Started by Swanny, April 30, 2010, 07:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swanny

This is the Fine Molds J9Y Kikka "Orange Blossom" in 1/48. The model came as the prototype aircraft. I added a pair of 30mm cannons to the nose and got happy with some spare decals to make an operational B-29 killer.

Tophe

I love your comparative pair of models :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

hurricanemk1c

Weaver

Superb model Swanny, and nice to see it next to the Messerschmidt: very informative, and perfect for shutting up any idiot who claims that the Kikka was "just a straight wing 262".... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Swanny

It definitely is not a copy of the 262 however if they had continued the program the Nakajima Ki-201 Karyu (Fire Dragon) powered by the Ne-130 turbojet engine would have been very similar to the 262. I do have a 1/48 build of this scheduled for later this year  :wacko:

Mossie

Very nice build Swany! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Brilliant build of a lovely looking aircraft
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

Love the green color on the IJN fighter what did you use? Excellent work and thanks for the size comparison
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Swanny

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 01, 2010, 11:33:22 AM
Love the green color on the IJN fighter what did you use? Excellent work and thanks for the size comparison
Thanks for all the kind words guys.
Top colors started with White Ensign Nakajima Navy Green which was then lightened with white to fade the panels.

BlackOps

Very cool! I'd never realized there was such a large difference in size.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

GTX

Quote from: BlackOps on May 01, 2010, 11:53:09 AM
Very cool! I'd never realized there was such a large difference in size.

This shows it well:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Stunning model mate!

The whiff is very subtle and not to inplausible. Bravo! :thumbsup:

Will have to pick myself up one, what was it like as a build?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Swanny

It was a very easy and quick build. Not a lot of parts but everything fit together like it should. Virtually no filler was needed other than right where the engine nacelles met the wing. I did add two PE throttles to the throttle quadrant from my spares box.

That's the evil modeling elf, he shows up from time to time and whispers evil modifications into my ear. :wacko: