Started by GTX, April 30, 2010, 03:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

See tail and wing:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

Sweet they painted! I have seen that lo vis star before on a Su-35 I believe but it is relatively rare... better than that three tone hunk of garbage.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

I hope they revert to the old red star. This low-viz version looks like a Christmas ornament and the red/white/blue star is, as Taiidantomcat pointed out, a hunk of garbage.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Fulcrum

Apparently, they are now running out of red paint to paint these red stars
or
they are just getting on the bandwagon for low-vis markings

(another possible reason is that paint is more reflective to radar, so... the less,the better.... just saying.)
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

lancer

Oh I DO like that low viz star... Nice post,. Thanks Greg
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

You're welcome - I like it too.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Agreed, that three-tone was just plain wrong  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)