And the winner is....

Started by nev, April 29, 2010, 01:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Once again, thanks to all who entered, and apologies once more for my pathetic effort.

But the results......

In 3rd place with 14% was EdS and his Ka-50 tiltrotor

In 2nd place with 16% was John Howling Mouse and his SP-51 Snowstang

In 1st place, with 40% of the vote was a totally deserving Weaver with his brilliant, imaginative and hilarious Trackrover diorama

Congratulations  on a build that I strongly suspect will be a contender for 2010 Whiffie of the year  :thumbsup: :drink: :party:

Mossie said he would sort out a prize, so I'll leave that to him  :cheers:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Wow - congratulations to EdS and JHM and thank you all very much!  :cheers:

It's amazing to me how this thing has caught people's imaginations.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

philp

While there were all great builds, it just had to be the Trackover.

Great job all.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Well done Weaver and to everyone who entered, great selection of builds  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Fantastic....worthy winners indeed. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

proditor

Congratulations to everyone on an amazing bunch of builds, and especially to Weaver for an awesome diorama!  You're a GB Juggernaut!  :cheers:

:bow: :bow: :bow:

kitnut617

I was watching the various builds and hadn't decided which one I would vote for, everyone was doing very well.  Then Weaver produced his dio', well! that did it for me.  Congratulations Weaver and to all the other participants   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sequoiaranger

Nice build, Weaver! Highly believable! Now you need a luxury version, with a RR Silver Cloud body!!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Good job, Weaver!  This GB was a lot of fun.  And, now, I'm hooked on making snowskis for all sorts of aircraft!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

Thanks folks!

JHM - your snow skis are great! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sequoiaranger on April 30, 2010, 06:44:27 AM
Now you need a luxury version, with a RR Silver Cloud body!!

That would be the 'TrackRoller' then, yes?  :lol:

Nice one Weaver, I read and re-read the back story and couldn't stop laughing, magic stuff.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Eddie M.

It's a bit late, but congrats Weaver on a very cool entry and win! Baz and Ed, equally great entries. I'm glad to have been a part of such a fun GB. Outstanding entries alll around !! ;D
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

This GB was a blast and I congratulate Ed S, JHM and Weaver! That RAC dio is definitely a contender for Whiffie of the Year!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

Sorry guys, still sorting out the prizes, I haven't forgotten, honest!  Real life is getting in the way at the mo, I promise I'll kick my backside into gear....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.