Chinese Air Launched Weapons

Started by Mossie, April 28, 2010, 02:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I've got to admit this is an area I know nothing about, so I'm asking about it here.  Can anyone direct me to a decent link, or tell me about Chinese air-to-air & air-to-ground weapons?  AAM's, AGM's, rockets, iron bombs, foreign & indigenous, especially 1970's onwards.  I've checked Wiki & there's some info there, but something a bit concise would be helpful.

Also, where can I find them in 1/72 plastic?  I guess Trumpeter's various Chinese aircraft kits are a good place to start.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

This is a pretty good site for anything about the Chinese armed forces;

http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/system.asp
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Thanks Harold, I'd thought about SinoDefence but I thought it was only a forum, cheers! :cheers:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Well, I've had a look through that list & I've got enough to be going on with that should work for my project.  They seem to field a hodge-podge of weapons that are either liscenced or back-engineered from around the world.  Should be able to cobble something up from the spares box.  I think someone (Mav?) sent me some Durandals a while back, there are weapons that are very close to Matra 550, AIM-7 Sparrow/Skyflash & BL755.  I'm pretty sure I have some bombs that closely resmeble the iron bombs shown too, so plenty to be getting on with.  There all a bit more recent than I wanted, but shouldn't be a problem, I'll just date my machine forward a little.

dy031101

There have been so many rumours of adopting PRC-made weapons by nations who antagonize (or are antagonized by) the West.  Some (for example, Iranian Su-24 and C-802) ended up coming true, others (like Pakistani F-16 and SD-10) didn't, and all are good what-if fodders IMHO.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Feenix

Mossie

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on April 28, 2010, 04:19:17 PM
Well, I've had a look through that list & I've got enough to be going on with that should work for my project.  They seem to field a hodge-podge of weapons that are either liscenced or back-engineered from around the world.  Should be able to cobble something up from the spares box.  I think someone (Mav?) sent me some Durandals a while back, there are weapons that are very close to Matra 550, AIM-7 Sparrow/Skyflash & BL755.  I'm pretty sure I have some bombs that closely resmeble the iron bombs shown too, so plenty to be getting on with.  There all a bit more recent than I wanted, but shouldn't be a problem, I'll just date my machine forward a little.

Going further back in time, they're more likely to veer towards copies of Russian stuff.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie