Italian 3 Colour Splinter Question

Started by NARSES2, April 27, 2010, 04:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

A couple of my current projects, real and WIF, require the Italian 3 tone splinter upper camoflage. Now I have never seen these colours identified as anything other then "sand, brown and green".

Does any one know if they were the standard Italian aircraft colours, ie  Nocciola chiaro 4, Nocciola 4 and Verde Oliva Scuro 2 or if by that stage of the war the ANR was using whatever it could get it's hands on ?

A random thought hit me at Perth when I wondered if in fact at this satge in the war the ANR used German armour colours...or is that just plain daft ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Chris, there's a fair bit of info on Don Color, but I don't know enough about Italian schemes & types to find out exactly what you need.

Click on 'Camouflages', 'Aircraft', 'By Country', 'Italy', 'Italy' again, 'Air Force', '1940's'.  It'll then give you a list of years & schemes, click on them to get the full colour info including the shade. Click on a shade & it brings up a full list of colours  There's quite a bit of info there, it's not exhaustive but it is very useful.

http://www.jpsmodell.de/dc/main_e.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Gentlemen you are all absolute stars  :bow: :bow:

Thankyou very much
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Late to this one, but I have STORMO MAGAZINE on my favourites list..... stunning web-site, Like Moritz hints-at, just go there for everyting Italian !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on April 28, 2010, 01:45:57 AM
Late to this one, but I have STORMO MAGAZINE on my favourites list..... stunning web-site, Like Moritz hints-at, just go there for everyting Italian !!

Ian

It's now in mine  :thumbsup: