Mercedes Benz G4 / W31

Started by su27rules, April 26, 2010, 11:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

su27rules

"Rommel¨s Lost Surf Rod"

1:72 Hasegawa Mercedes Benz G4 / W31......hand brushed with MM-acryls.....

Ed S

Great looking model.  At least we know they got plenty of use in the sand, so it would be fine hitting the beach.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

beowulf

nice work for such a small size

made me think of tom daniels rommels rod  ;D

http://www.tomdaniel.com/85_kits/frm_85kits.html
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

puddingwrestler

You left the bonnet on! I don't care if there is nothing under there and it's molded on, it's not a rat rod if it has a bonnet! Surely there is a resin engine in that size which would fit if you forced it... like a DB aero engine out of a 109...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

chrisonord

That is some excellent work you have done there, the weathering is spot on :thumbsup: And in such a small scale too  :bow:.
I wonder if you can get weird fish and sex wax stickers in 1/72nd scale, to stick on the boot lid  :rolleyes: :lol:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

su27rules

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 27, 2010, 03:37:19 PM
You left the bonnet on! I don't care if there is nothing under there and it's molded on, it's not a rat rod if it has a bonnet!

I named it a "surf rod" not a rat rod !!!!!!
But I like yours idea with 1:72 DB- engine.....

Weaver

Lovely job there - the weathering is excellent!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

John Howling Mouse

Yes, hello?  I'd like to sign up for your "Weathering" class, please!  Would be incredible workmanship if this was 1:35...but at this scale, I'd have to call it nothing short of miraculous workmanship.  I'm in awe...   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Hobbes