new future fighter from Mikoyan !!!

Started by Deino, April 13, 2004, 12:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

... let us give Mikoyan some help !!!!    B)

QuoteRSK MiG Developing New Lightweight Tactical Fighter

The Russian Airplane Building Corporation MiG is developing a principally new lightweight tactical multirole combat airplane.

“Today we are working on the ideology of a qualitatively new commercial aircraft – a lightweight tactical multirole fighter,” the RSK MiG general director and general designer, Valeriy Toryanin, reported.

According to him, this airplane is not an alternative to the fifth generation fighter being created by the Sukhoy company. “The developer of the Russian fifth generation fighter already had been determined. The Sukhoy company is it, and RSK MiG does not intend to dispute the decision that was made," Toryanin said.

He noted that RSK MiG “has not said anywhere that it is making a fifth generation.” “But we also do not intend to be limited only to the marketing of various versions of the MiG-29 fighter while having a unique design bureau within the corporation. We have to be moving ahead,” Toryanin added.

According to him, as of today the concept of the new aircraft which is aimed most of all at delivery onto the worldwide market, already in fact has been formulated. Many potential customers are showing great interest in obtaining such an airplane.

“In previous years, the MiG corporation created a large fifth generation design and engineering reserve. This buildup will be used in the development of the new aircraft," the MiG general director said.

Source: 29.03.04, Podrobnosti

So what do You think of some help for Mikoyan !??!! ... feel free to post Your concepts, studies for a future Mikoyan !!

Best regards, Deino  :rolleyes:  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Captain Canada

I think they need to stop building one-offs and start production !

What about the .144 and the Berkut ? Are they no good ?

:)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mairfrog

No, they suck. In fact they suck even more if they have red wings.  ;)

Ahem! Anyway, what MiG should do is an update of the MiG21 concept. The world needs an affordable, high performance fighter that doesn't rely on computers to be useable. Obviously, the 21 needs some mods to bring it up to date.

1. The delta + tail layout is silly, as the wing blanks the tailplane at alpha, so to compensate for this cut a section out of the trailing edge of the wing, so its more swept than triangular.

2. Add some cannon armament. The nose is the best place, other than that a belly pack would do it.

3. Need more power for modern warfare, how about 2 engines instead of one? In order to keep structural simplicity with the mid-mounted wing they should consider the stacked engine layout.

4. Use RR engines, they're much better and more efficient. Avons must be quite cheap these days.

5. There's no point carrying loads of fuel everytime you take off, what with IFR so easy to achieve. Therefore it doesn't matter if there's no real fuel tank.

6. Rate of climb and agility are vital in a modern fighter, as is the ability to carry radar guided AAMs.

7. Give it an upbeat new name, something that is familiar to most languages. Let's see, how about Lighting?

B)  :D  :ar:  

Captain Canada

Hehehehe....that's pretty good !

Had me going until the last line !

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Deino

Here's another link regarding the same thing !

http://forum.airforces.info/showthread.php...&threadid=24013

... with some pictures !

Enjoy them, Deino   :D  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Gary

kinda looks like a F22 someone left in hot water a bit too long! :D  
Getting back into modeling

lancer

Some very nice looking designs and ideas there.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die