Concorde Air Amubulance Idea

Started by Cobra, April 19, 2010, 12:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra

Hey Guys, just had a Thought, What If the Concorde or something like it was Used as a Disaster Response Air Ambulance? always Thought the Concorde could have been Used for more than Carrying People for Holidays! i got the idea while surfing with Search Function for Stuff Related to Ambulances! what say You? think the Concorde would work for a 'Gerry Anderson' style Air Ambulance? thanks for looking. Dan

puddingwrestler

Legislation prevents the concorde operating in most countries, and I'm pretty sure it needs a majpor international airport runway, so it can't land in a lot of places... the idea is sound, but the damn goverments are not!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 19, 2010, 12:42:26 AM
<...> the idea is sound, but the damn goverments are not!

Ain't that the truth!  :thumbsup: Not just in this case, but in just about every other conceivable instance.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

Easily fixed - vectored nozzles for the Olypmus engines, and a couple of huge lift fans in the forward fuse. VSTOL SST! ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Quote from: puddingwrestler on April 19, 2010, 12:42:26 AM
Legislation prevents the concorde operating in most countries, and I'm pretty sure it needs a majpor international airport runway, so it can't land in a lot of places... the idea is sound, but the damn goverments are not!

Well the standard business jet air ambulance needs a runway and flies subsonically, so the Concorde one could just keep it's speed down unitl it got over water. The main problem I see is size: the average medevac flight is for just one or two casualties, which is why they use business jets. Now a supersonic business jet.... scaleorama'd Concorde anyone?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

nev

Hmmm, depends.  If you're bringing casualties back from an overseas warzone....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

It would depend how many you were after - the Concorde is quite small internally.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

JayBee

Quote from: GTX on April 19, 2010, 12:10:02 PM
It would depend how many you were after - the Concorde is quite small internally.

Regards,

Greg

and the doors are rather narrow, which is why IIRC the Queens Flight was not interseted in getting one. The royal trunks (luggage) would not fit in!

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!