Almost a Viper....sort of

Started by Scooterman, April 12, 2004, 07:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Well I thought I was close to paint.  But the area that the spine meets the aft cockpit fairing (notice the Miliput) takes a strange dip down then up.   :blink: Hence the piece of drop tank in the foreground to try and make better the sore spot.  Other than that, I'm close to paint!

Enjoy!

Brad

Captain Canada

Mucho Gusto, Bradley !

Looks like you got parts from five different kits on that bird !

Lemme guess.....Isreali ? :o  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Oooh!  Ooh!  Whats she gunna be?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Oh yes, that is sweet looking.  I can spot the fuselage from the Mono F-16, right?

:wub:  :wub:  

Scooterman

You guys are close.

Capt - 4 kits so far and no not Israeli

Nev - hafta guess (for now)

Ollie - nope on the fuselage.  guess again!

Hint-it will be USAF and it will be a F-16.  Not so much as what date but think along an alternite reality thing.

Brad

Ollie

Scooterman

Captain Canada

I heard that original specs. from the USAF didn't include radar missiles for -16.....crazy when you think about everything it can carry these days, eh !

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Just read any history on the Falcon and you'll realise just how far removed the Block 60 is compaired to the orginal design.  Remember it was first concived as a lightweight fighter in the class of the F-5E!!! :o  :o  Two/four AIM-9, a few thousand pounds of pig iron bombs and that's about it.  Gross weight was less that 20,000lbs as first designed.  Israeli IF-16D Block 40s are (rumored) the heaviest at over 50,000 and nobody knows the full up weight of the new spine and CFT equiped Block 60s yet!

If you haven't found it yet, a EXCELLENT source of Viper info is at-

www.f-16.net

Brad

elmayerle

*Smiles* Well, I wouldn't say nobody, but I'm not certain I can say what it is.   The spine is pretty much standard on the 2-seater these days, though equipment fit can vary significantly.  I think I'd better quite before I say too much.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Amphion

Quote....I think I'd better quite before I say too much.
Elmayerle !!!  You big tease you.  :D  
Amphion

nev

Whether by good luck or design, the F-16 came along at just the same time as the revolution in micro-electronincs.  And the Ronald Reagan big spending on defense budgets 1980s.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Keith Diamond

Is the fuselage based off of the Italeri kit?  And why are you kitbashing so many kits? :wacko:  
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Scooterman

Sorry for not updating for awhile guys.  Been sick, out of town and sick again in that order so nothing has been done since the last pic.  Will have an updated photo in a day or two.

And to (partly) answer KDs question, there are four kits worth of parts there, however two are basically the same, one was robbed for spares and the fourth is what is stumping everybody.  Who said that those are all F-16 parts?

Did you know that the Hasey Mitsu F-2A is molded in white plastic? ;)

More to come!

Ollie

Oh yes, now that you mention it, I see the F-2 parentage!!

Marvelous!!!

:wub:  :wub: