SSGB GRAND CHAMPION WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT THING PAGE!

Started by puddingwrestler, April 11, 2010, 08:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

After forty-five strange wild-eyed men (ie: whiffers) voted, I can now announce that there were a mere handful of vote seperating the winner from the runner up. Therefore, when my drum roll arrives...

<crickets chirp>

Okay, it's the drummer's day off apparently...

So without further ado:
Runner Up and winner of this splendid drunken smily -  :cheers:
PRODITOR'S USAS EDISON!

And the winner of the GB, and a splendid mystery thingee from Dork (well, a mystery to me anyway since he hasn't told me what it is) -
WEAVER'S GLOSTER GOBLIN!

And of course the other winners, and recipients of this ceremonial smily of encouragment -  :thumbsup:
ALL THOSE WHO FINISHED!

And the runners up to the other winners, and recipients of the Head/Wall encouragment smily -  :banghead:
ALL THOSE WHO DIDN'T FINISH!

And finally, winners of the angry dalek of destruction smily -  :dalek:
ALL THOSE WHO DIDN'T TAKE PART!

Exits left armored smily singing the San Tortan anthem -  :tank:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

proditor

Holy crap!  THANKS GUYS!!! 

Considering that every time I looked at the finished builds thread I just went "Well, at least I'm in good company even though I won't get close to winning" I'm just floored to have placed so well in a field of superb builds!

Weaver, congratulations, your build was the things that whiffy dreams are made of!  :drink:  :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

And to everyone else in the SSGB, it was inspiring and amazing to see what you all came up with for this GB.  Everyone turned in amazing work!

Weaver

Well that's not too shabby for a last-minute alternative diorama, then....... ;)

Congratulations to Proditor for a well deserved 2nd place (would have been a 1st place if it was up to me),

Congratulations to everyone else for a cracking collection of builds,

Many thanks to Puddingwrestler for organising this very excellent competition,

Many thanks to the various people who gave/sold/swapped me the various bits,

and

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH

I know I keep saying this, but that's 'cos it's true: I really do appreciate it very, very much..... :bow:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

WELL DONE!!   Some very creative and well executed WHIFFs. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

nev

Congratulations Weaver on a superb piece of work.  Somehow I don't feel this will be your last GB win in 2010...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

thedarkmaster

Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

philp

Nice job to all that completed and congrats to Weaver and Proditor. 

Great stuff.

Maybe I will actually get to mine sometime this year.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies