Gray Wulf ...with a twist

Started by matrixone, April 11, 2010, 04:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is a real world aircraft, a Fw 190D-9 built from a 1/48 scale Tamiya kit.

My next four models are what-ifs this D-9 is the last non-whiff I will build for quite a while. ;D

Notice that pesky UFO buzzing the airfield again!

Matrixone

noxioux

matrixone

Thanks noxioux!

I do have pics of the upper and the undersurfaces of this model and will post them later.

Here is one more from ground level...

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

Stunning that is the only word for it  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Absolutely brilliant as usual Matrix..Well done
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

The works of a master are always a pleasure to view - Simple as that.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on April 12, 2010, 02:53:57 PM
The works of a master are always a pleasure to view - Simple as that.

Ian

Ditto! Outstanding work!! :D
Look behind you!

matrixone

Thanks very much guys!

Here are the top and bottom views of this model, most will notice this Dora has the closed wheel well and the experts will sneer about this but I don't see what all the fuss is about, once my models are finished and on the shelf I rarely (if ever) look at the undersurface.
One thing that I am pleased with is the pre-shading I did on this model, I can just barely see it and you almost can't see it in my pics but its there...and this is how pre-shading should be, you don't want it to be the first thing you notice on a weathered model.

...and here are the last two pics of this model.

Matrixone

Cliffy B

Nice 190 man!  So when are they going to shoot down that pesky UFO and reverse engineer it?  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

matrixone

Thanks Cliffy B!
There could be a connection between the UFO and my ''secret bomber'' projekt...it might have something to do with time traveling Germans (insert evil laugh here).

All my attention will now be focused on the secret bomber, this model is a real putty hog so progress has been much slower than expected, lots of PSR.

Matrixone

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You did a Top Notch Paint & Decal Job on the 190! Hope to see More of your Top Notch Work soon! Thanks for posting.  :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Weaver

Superb model, superbly photographed  - I particularly like the sepia tone ones... :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

matrixone

Thanks Cobra and Weaver!

I appreciate your comments.

Matrixone