MY FIRST POST

Started by NARSES2, April 12, 2004, 02:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Well here goes my first attempt at posting pics.

No 1. My work area, known after yesterday's curry as the Stink Works - with appologies to Lockheed. With DH Savage Swallow, Hs 132 and Vickers Venom in final stages prior to MK show

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

OOps that didn't work - back to the drawing board :dum:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Checked out things and I'm getting a error message of "cannot upload this type of file"

What does the file format have to be - mine's a normal JPEG out of my windows "My Pictures" ?

Chris

nev

JPEG, under 75k file size.  Are you using the browse/file attatchments feature?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

QuoteJPEG, under 75k file size.  Are you using the browse/file attatchments feature?
Thanks Nev

I was using the brows/file attachment feature. I think it's acase of getting my units muddled up. The files are way too big 375Kbite. I'll see if I can reduce them.

thanks again

Chris

Tophe

QuoteThe files are way too big 375Kbite. I'll see if I can reduce them.
Chris
Dear Chris (Topher?), if you do not have PhotoShop nor a picture handling software, you can download the Irfanview freeware that will do the work easily : reducing the file size as much as you want.
If you need directions, let us know.
Hoping to see your models soon, dear... :)
 (Chris-)Tophe.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Skorpio

Chris, take them down to 72dpi.  That should cut down the filesize dramatically.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

NARSES2

Think I've figured it out !

NARSES2

No I havn't. I'll try again latter  :dum:  :dum:  

NARSES2

OK - I've got the picture down to a suitable size 48Kb.

I've used the Browse/attache to pick go to the picture (C:\Documents & Settings\CGE\My Documents\My Pictures. I've then clicked open on the window and the file name appears in the Browse box, but when I click on preview post, nothing appears.

I'm obviously missing something very simple, but what I have no idea - any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Chris :wacko:  

Geoff_B

Hi Chris

I don't think it actually appears in the preview mode anyway, just try posting it and see what it says. Failing that email to one of us lot and see if they can post it for you to ensure the image is compatible.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

NARSES2

QuoteHi Chris

I don't think it actually appears in the preview mode anyway, just try posting it and see what it says. Failing that email to one of us lot and see if they can post it for you to ensure the image is compatible.

Cheers

Geoff B B)
Thanks Geoff - here go's nothing !

NARSES2

Hoo ****ing Ray  :P

Thanks to all for helping in this.

I'll resize some of my other pics out and post.

Thanks again

Chris

Tophe

Dear Chris,
The picture you posted is only 7Kb, you can post far bigger (10 times more) - as the pictures of Glenn or Matrixone or Ollie etc (mine for drawings are different, GIF 256 colors usually, not JPG like your photographs). You just have to check the size with Display "Details" in the list of your hard-drive files. Below 70Kb, there is no problem.
I confirm that "Preview post" does not show the pictures, just the text and the quotes - moreover the picture address must be entered again if you require a preview. It is not perfect, but you will get used to it without problem, just like us all here... And we will enjoy sharing pictures with you, back and forth... Welcome :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]